• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Obituary: X-Metal Death

Crzpilot

Oakley Enthusiast
MIZZOU
I write these words as if creating my marriage obituary. I am survived by a collection and legacy of oakley enthusiasm and admiration. I am now up to 7 x-metals and the addiction seems to have deepened. As i patiently await the arrival of my next set, I live in fear. As I expect them to arrive to the open arms of my beautiful wife who will undoubtedly unbox these beauties (of course not as much so as her) only to come home to either a fire sale of my precious metals or a legal document informing me of my release from the bondage of marriage. One can only hope for the later. So farewell to one or the other.

JK. Though in reality I do fear my addiction is getting out of hand. My wife will just probably get even and buy herself that mini cooper shes always wanted and ive always hated. Oh well. more xmetal'\s to look forward to if that is the case.

Some people here get their stuff shipped to their work address so the wives don't see the arrivals, and / or constantly reshuffle their displays to make it harder to notice when there are suddenly more pairs. But that's just a delaying action.

Others give their wives a pair or two to get them addicted, too...

Why is everyone so scared of what their spouse thinks about your indulgence into Oakley. I work hard for my money and I will buy what ever I want. I remember when I was around 20, my old man said I didn't warrant something that I wanted. Well be it as it may, I got it and I will never stop buying what I want. No one tells me what I can or can't have. There are a lot of other things we could be spending our money on like alcohol, strippers, drugs, etc..... But our hobby is one we need to indulge in moderation. There are a couple of members on here that I have spoken to that bought so much stuff and they stopped for just a moment and thought, "what am I going to do with all this now?" You post up "I bought this and that" and get a few "nice pic ups" "Great pairs" only to have it wear off. I have spoken about this many times in other threads. Dont let the hobby or the thrill of the hunt for your next pair out weight the fact that you can burn yourself out real fast. I just moved out of my drone hobby into large scale off road RC cars. Just because I need to be outside more to wear all my pairs of X Metals!!!!!:dance2:

Personally, The Wife keeps the books and has visibility of all my personal purchases so I don't even bother trying to hide anything. But her snide criticisms get old - I think she's just jealous that I'm spending more on me than on her and The Kid...

Men are from mars and women are from venus... They never understand us! But what is important is being transparent, my wife said that as long as i tell her what i buy and it comes from the extra money we have its fine... But once i hide it from her its like cheating... To quote her "you love to collect oakley and i also love to buy bags and shoes but please remember that our kids need something too... We must not let our wants overcome what we need"... So far that kept my collection on the ground.

Back