• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Obituary: X-Metal Death

Post some pictures of your R/C cars some of them amaze me the speeds they can reach .

The Traxxas XO-1 does 100+ out of the box. I am not the street car type. I like the off road versions The one I am working on getting upgrades for will run about 70, but the suspension upgrades make it a serious off road vehicle. Since most of the high end ones now carry waterproof guts (lol) the sky is the limit when running it through water.

The Traxxas XO-1 does 100+ out of the box. I am not the street car type. I like the off road versions The one I am working on getting upgrades for will run about 70, but the suspension upgrades make it a serious off road vehicle. Since most of the high end ones now carry waterproof guts (lol) the sky is the limit when running it through water.
I've got 2 XO-1s.....
a whole bunch of Revos all geared crazy for higher speeds.

The XO-1 is fun for a while but then the Revos are more fun because they can just go everywhere.

This video is NOT me but thought @TexxxZ would like it.

I totally agree. Some of the RC I have spoken too use VR stuff because they can't see the car at long distances. The off road stuff allows for so much more flexibility IMHO

I've got one where before you can get it to do 100+MPH you have to hook an iphone 4 up to the controller to "unlock" it and go through a whole crazy agreement process while putting in your name and DL number. This is "just in case" you drive it at those speeds and kill someone that they cannot be held liable since you are a responsible adult. RC cars have gotten seriously dangerous nowadays if you don't know what you are doing with them. ;)

but what if i dont have an iphone?

but what if i dont have an iphone?
Ooops.

Straight off their website

Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately). iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

Back