• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Odd experience...first Prizm polarized (DWP)....seeing double on some car tail lights when driving. What could it be?

lazarus870

Oakley Beginner
Portal X DWP Polarized. Real nice lens to drive with, though today the light varied from bright to a bit overcast.
These lenses have a real strong mirrored finish and are gorgeous.

A couple of times when stopped behind newer cars with the LED tail lights, I noticed that I would get double-vision, that I'd see the regular car's brake lights and then floating brake lights in the air like I had double vision.

I have Mauis and Persols and Randolphs without that issue. I thought it was quite strange and random.

Portal X DWP Polarized. Real nice lens to drive with, though today the light varied from bright to a bit overcast.
These lenses have a real strong mirrored finish and are gorgeous.

A couple of times when stopped behind newer cars with the LED tail lights, I noticed that I would get double-vision, that I'd see the regular car's brake lights and then floating brake lights in the air like I had double vision.

I have Mauis and Persols and Randolphs without that issue. I thought it was quite strange and random.
How many beers did you drink today?

I see it too with most DWP. I only use non polarized lenses while driving nowadays. Light Prizm Golf to be specific…

What you’re describing sort of happens to me but with polarized Prizm Sapphire iridium lenses. In case anyone wondered why I don’t have a Mars frame with that particular lens in it, even though I love blues lenses. I love wearing DWP and don’t have the same problems. Everyone’s eyes is different?

I see it too with most DWP. I only use non polarized lenses while driving nowadays. Light Prizm Golf to be specific…

I tinted my car windshield last week and a pair of older Holbrooks that have been my driving glasses for years show a rainbow issue or blotches of color if there's some sun. And my Dark Prizm Golf on my Portal X has the same rainbow effect. However, my Flak Jacket with Light Prizm Golf has no issues at all. Everything looks fine, sun or no sun. So I have some repurposing to do with my Oakleys.

I have the same thing with my DWP Radar EVs, but also have it with the Field lens in Radar EV, so I don't think it's a polarization issue.

Latest Posts

Back