• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Odd Juliet serial number help

Dep126

Oakley Beginner
So I’ve had these since 2001. I sent them to someone a few years ago (I think it was X Man Customs) for a frame refinish and tightening.

I was thinking about selling them since they haven’t been worn in years. I’m not sure what’s up with the serial number. I’m thinking part of it was removed when they were refinished because it doesn’t seem to match the other serial formats.

im hoping Someone in here might be able to help me out. I’ll attach a photo but on mine the serial number is “J 3929”. There is a pretty big gap between the J and the numbers.
Any help would be appreciated!!
8AD32F6D-350C-4800-9E94-AE5A22A1712F.jpeg

It looks like the numbers have faded off. Or you mentioned a refinish so the numbers may not have been covered to preserve. If the J was closer to the numbers that would be alarming.

It may have been a JG serial. The space looks to large for 2 missing #s so It may a have been JG##3929 or J##3929

do you knowwhat the original lenses that came with it were?

Wow thanks for the quick reply! As I recall the original lenses were fire iridium? and the frames were more polished.

Ok so you did refinish them and they are Hammerstem legs. The serial was probably JF##3929.

That sounds about right. Do you know if there would be a way to uncover the missing digits? They don’t seem to be etched very deep so I’m thinking any abrasive would remove them entirely.

Would these have any value? Might just hang on to them if not.

That sounds about right. Do you know if there would be a way to uncover the missing digits? They don’t seem to be etched very deep so I’m thinking any abrasive would remove them entirely.

Would these have any value? Might just hang on to them if not.
Having the serial won’t add any value. If it was under 1K some collectors may pay a little more. But since they are refinished it adds no value or possibly take away from it.

No idea if you can get the serial back. One of the customizers could probably answer that question. @zwc0442 @THE X-MAN

Hammer stem juliets refinished x metal always has appeal for some custom set ups. I have a couple refinished ones my self. But your not looking at much money. ~$300-370 depending on nose bridge and lense condition.

You can see the refinish "rectangle" where the numers and leter were. I believe it could fit a letter and two numbers, easily.
Welcome.

Back