• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oddity with Radarlock

rml0015

Oakley Beginner
Auburn
I received some new Radarlock glasses from Oakley(bought them on the website). The oddity here is that the main fire iridium lense don't have polarized etched on them and over the bridge of the nose they do not have oakley on them. Has any one else ever had something similar happen. The second black lenses have oakley on the bridge, but they aren't polarized.

Weird. Im not totally sure, because Ive never had fire lenses for my R Locks, but I think that is a goof by Oakley.

I called customer support and got in touch with a very helpful gentleman. He said that sometimes when you order straight from Oakley that they grab lenses from their stock that hasn't been through the etching process yet. I also find it very weird, but they are the exact same as other Fire lenses I have had. No defects.

Oh they are definitely polarized. I don't know how you test for that, but the glare they knock off the lake proves they are polarized. How do you test them?

Oh they are definitely polarized. I don't know how you test for that, but the glare they knock off the lake proves they are polarized. How do you test them?
Put them on and look at an LCD screen straight on. Then start to turn your head 90 degrees in either direction. If the screen starts to go black then they are polarized

Wow, can't believe I didn't know that. I don't have them with me but I did it with my work glasses. That's a cool trick.

I called customer support and got in touch with a very helpful gentleman. He said that sometimes when you order straight from Oakley that they grab lenses from their stock that hasn't been through the etching process yet. I also find it very weird, but they are the exact same as other Fire lenses I have had. No defects.

yeah it happens. As long as you bought from them, should be no worries.

The Safehouse//Olympic lenses also didn't come etched.

Back