• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OEM Juliet lens: Emergency stocks.

- I am 41
- I will wear a single pair of Juliets 5 days a week (not true, but it's an exercise...)
- Assuming I live to be 81...so 40 more years
- I will wash them twice yearly.
- I have moderate to heavy head sweatiness.
- I would replace them fairly soon after I spot deteriation since I am quite fastidious about these things.

That's 6 variables for you kromin323. Please now provide me with the formula I can use or if that's protected, just use that formula and tell me the total number of spare rubbers I need. I guess 30!

;-)

Based on personal experience, in those conditions I SWAG that you will start to notice initial deterioration within two years. But they could still be usable for twice that time if you're willing to live with it. That equals up to 20 sets.

Some food for thought, though -

- Of course OEM are best, but there are also Linegear rubbers. I wouldn't use aftermarket lenses but the LG rubbers are a respectable substitute. And since they're made from silicone, they will not have the same deterioration issues.

- Slipperly slope - how do you think I ended up with 10 Juliets? After losing one of the two pairs I ran with for years, I had the same goal, stock up on enough to last a lifetime. But as I got more and more frames, I realized they didn't need to be sitting packed away on a shelf as backups. So I began putting in different lenses and/or rubbers on each frame and ended up with 10 useable, unique pairs. And now I have examples of every x-metal frame style...

If they're non-polar, MSRP was $50. Seems a bit premature for a 100% markup but maybe not.

MSRP on polar was $90 so if they're polarized then jump on them.

Ok
I kept looking and got Fire Pol and Ice Pol Off ebay for $215.00 Thats just a little off the original price of $90.00

I might have a chance at a few jawbone lenses, non-vented, but what is too much to pay for these rare donors?

Something else will come along in the future,and well all forget about the xmetal frames....IMHO

following up... 42 sets of lenses, 23 are Juliets - I suppose my bias is clear?

Those are just the BNIB, at least another dozen used but useable so close to 60 pairs of lenses total right now?

I posted that and started thinking "60 pairs of lenses???"... then I realized I have almost 60 pairs of glasses! Bias aside, that is around 1 pair per pair, not a bad ratio I suppose? :D

Back