• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- OEM Lens Etching ...

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
I have seen some X-Metal's that have the one lens have the POLARIZED etched, & I have seen, I think, even more with X-Metal etched in the same place. Then, of course there is the symbol for Infinite Hero, etc.

What is the rhyme or reason? Is there a Polarized XM lens that says "X-Metal" & not POLAR?

Hmmm, ...

Just-a-learnin' ...

The original Romeo has 'X-METAL' etched. As it was the debut of the X Metals. Polarized gets etched on most polarized pairs. If a special edition has an etching as part of the design it supersedes the polarized etching.

Titanium and Titanium clear have had 'Titanium' etched. Plates had 'Plate' etched.

Dang, Rust beat me to it...

To elaborate on one point, only the original Romeo had the x-metal etching. BI, Gold Ir, and Fire Ir. None were polarized.

The original Romeo has 'X-METAL' etched. As it was the debut of the X Metals. Polarized gets etched on most polarized pairs. If a special edition has an etching as part of the design it supersedes the polarized etching.

Titanium and Titanium clear have had 'Titanium' etched. Plates had 'Plate' etched.

Again, I thank you, Gentlemen.

I am here just-a-learnin' ... somewhat slowly about X-M's, & I am liking what I am educating myself on.

Earlier this week, a "leader" on this Forum when it comes to X-Metal's told me it might be easier, etc., if I search here & there about XM's instead of putting up the same thing 50 others have put up: "Tell me all about X Metals I want To buy some!", & to just learn at my own pace, & ask some direct questions as they arise ... so that is the direction I have taken, & I appreciate everyone being so, so gentle with me ... :rofl: ... because I know at some point I am going to get hammered almost to death. How? I have not a clue.

Be good guys, ... & thanks again.

Again, I thank you, Gentlemen.

I am here just-a-learnin' ... somewhat slowly about X-M's, & I am liking what I am educating myself on.

Earlier this week, a "leader" on this Forum when it comes to X-Metal's told me it might be easier, etc., if I search here & there about XM's instead of putting up the same thing 50 others have put up: "Tell me all about X Metals I want To buy some!", & to just learn at my own pace, & ask some direct questions as they arise ... so that is the direction I have taken, & I appreciate everyone being so, so gentle with me ... :rofl: ... because I know at some point I am going to get hammered almost to death. How? I have not a clue.

Be good guys, ... & thanks again.

Nah - your profile pic is too intimidating-looking for anybody to wanna f*ck with you hahaha :D

Back