• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

***Official 2018 College Football Thread***

That was fast...

Georgia Tech hired its new coach from Temple. Geoff Collins has been the coach for the last couple seasons. Before that, he was DC for Florida and Mississippi State.

That was fast...

Georgia Tech hired its new coach from Temple. Geoff Collins has been the coach for the last couple seasons. Before that, he was DC for Florida and Mississippi State.
Temple has become quite the spring board into bigger/better jobs. We will welcome him nicely next year in their cute lil high school stadium ;)

Tua deserved that Heisman over Kyler IMO. Even considering his performance/injury in the SEC Championship game. He had one hell of a year.
Three reasons I disagree with you...

1) I don't think you can win the Heisman without playing in the fourth quarter all year
2) a large portion of Tua's stats were compiled vs teams like Mercer, LA Lafayette, Citadel, and historically awful teams in ole miss, Tennessee, arkansas, Louisville, and fsu. Now I am not defending big 12 defenses but Kyler's stats were more even amongst their competition and he played in competitive 4th quarters all year where his team needed him
3) Bama without Tua would still be undefeated through the regular season with Hurts as QB and he wouldn't have played 4th quarters either. Oklahoma would likely have at least 3 losses without Kyler!

Sad part about this whole debate is that Haskins had an amazing year and is relegated to obscurity behind Kyler and Tua. This was a year for QBs no doubt!

Back