• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Official Douche Day 2015 Selfie Thread

we could you used the "most" likes received ;) and I´m willing to give a price for the winner

The problem with the "most likes" method is early posters tend to get more likes than latter ones, and with all the different time zones, that isn't really fair.

And there are very few white x-metals. I've only known of four, and two have since been refinished...

Herbsley and Atrain came up with this contest and they own it; its future is in their hands...

The problem with the "most likes" method is early posters tend to get more likes than latter ones, and with all the different time zones, that isn't really fair.

And there are very few white x-metals. I've only known of four, and two have since been refinished...

Herbsley and Atrain came up with this contest and they own it; its future is in their hands...

no not only with white frames, all X Metal contest but agreed it´s not easy to choose a winner

Holy Crap, those were some great pictures of epic douchbaggery!!!! I especially like the posting of photos that showed thought and creativity such as the addition of accessories (Love 7legion77's rap-star dangling 10-inch silver dollar sign symbol necklace) and the inclusion of staging (roblaudrup passed out on the steps amongst all of last night's fallen soldiers - aka empty beer bottles).

I cannot pick just one favorite yet. I will have to mull them over and see which ones I return to time and time again.

I have always said though, there are certain pre-set indicators to douchbaggery. Possession of any one or even a small number of these is not by itself indicative of douchbaggery, but the more that are present, the greater the chance one is dealing with a douchebag. Those indicators include:

1. White framed sunglasses!!!! (Far and away the primary indicator)
2. Affliction shirts;
3. UFC-logo'd anything;
4. Chrysler 300 cars
5. Dodge Neon cars
6. Mitsubishi Eclipse cars
6. Ford Ranger trucks*
7. Wife-Beater or slingshot style shirts displaying farmer tans
8. Weekend cyclists warriors prancing about in their little styrofoam helmets, too-tight shorts, and tap-dancing little pedal shoes. The more expensive the gear, the bigger the indicator.

I am considering adding the following to my list:

- People wearing "Misfits" or "Social Distortion" shirts
- People wearing almost any non-national, locals-only type surf clothing (RVCA, Republik, Bumpies, Stewart, Infinity, LS&S, etc.)
- People wearing skinny jeans
- Ponytails
- Mullets (aka Kentucky Waterfalls, Canadian Passports)

* This may or may not be a reliable indicator depending on what portion of the country you live in. In an inner-city or suburban area, Yes. In a rural mid-western state area, No. Or more accurately, not necessarily.

Last edited:
Back