• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hello, newbie here. Just bought a Sutro (A). What do you think of it? Is it legit? Hope the picture is good enough.

Bridge.jpeg

Temple 2.jpeg

Temple 1.jpeg

Hinge.jpeg

Lens.jpeg

I bought a set of Flak 2.0 recently, so when I saw an ad for cheap ones I bought a set to have around for spare parts. The website I ordered from was Oakpte.com and the glasses arrived from China today. They are definitely copies, but it looks like the lenses will interchange. Size seems the same and the parts look like they might swap as well. The case is actually better than the one I got from Oakley because it is only about half the size.

The case for the fake Flaks is actually labelled "Oakey" but the glasses have some logos on them that say "Oakley". There are also some obvious differences. I will try to get some photos uploaded.

I bought a set of Flak 2.0 recently, so when I saw an ad for cheap ones I bought a set to have around for spare parts. The website I ordered from was Oakpte.com and the glasses arrived from China today. They are definitely copies, but it looks like the lenses will interchange. Size seems the same and the parts look like they might swap as well. The case is actually better than the one I got from Oakley because it is only about half the size.
The case for the fake Flaks is actually labelled "Oakey" but the glasses have some logos on them that say "Oakley". There are also some obvious differences. I will try to get some photos uploaded.
I feel like you could have found some used or cheap real Flaks instead of buying fake pairs. Even if the parts fit, I’ve heard the fake stuff breaks far easier than Oakley stuff.

Maybe it’s the angles of the photos, but I don’t see “polarized” on the left lens, are they supposed to be original? Otherwise they look good.

Lenses are replacement.
Just for knowledge, what should I have to look from a pb2? The "pit boss II" that is etched and what else?

Thank you

Sorry for the quality of these photos, I will see if I can improve my skills and get some better detail shots. There are no sku numbers on the temples of the fakes. The ear socks are softer and looser fitting than the originals and don't have "Flak 2.0" lettering molded into them.

Hopefully this info will help others spot fakes.

Rob

Fake on right.JPG

Fake tag and cloth.JPG

fake lens sticker.JPG

Back