• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Weight is the easiest indicator after all other elements are checked. I don't have a set these days, but if ya have a digital scale the weight will be evident as titanium is far lighter than anything fakes can be made with.

Zooming in on the nose bridge screws, they look correct. Mind you, fakers seem to be getting better and better by the day.

Screenshot_20210626-103455.jpg

I'd tell the seller I have to see what they weigh on a digital scale. As far as the colorways, I can't tell. Is that a polished carbon or just carbon?

Further, if I was going to make fake x metals, I'd simply have the proper screws made and have the mounting points made to spec. I couldn't personally do that, but that would be the smart move for scammers.

Flex on the bridge would be another one. You could ask for a short vid clip of the seller holding the nose bridge while flexing the orbitals. Then again, even a legit seller may get annoyed at such a request. How cheap are these to warrant the PITA-ery? Anything more than a couple hundred bucks tends to kill a dice roll for me.

Last edited:
Back