• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Is anyone else noticing the influx of fake pit bosses on ebay as of late. I was just on there and I would say 70% of the "auctions" are fake. And people are bidding!!! Some have sold for over 300 bucks! This is insane!!

Item# 270943550019

Looks legit to me, but it's coming from Hong Kong, and that right there gives me enough pause to pass entirely. What do you think?

The seller has mostly got Rx frames, so I have no idea if he's peddling fakes, or the Rx and stuff like cases are made in China and he has a legit source?

Radar with a set of lenses. I found this on ebay (auction #'s 251048943534 / 270964491890 / 120904866942 ). I can't figure out what main lens is. Looks like a cross of ruby and red iridium. Looks like a shooters array with the clear, yellow, black polarized, and grey lens. I'm interested in getting something like this for shooting. I just want to verify weather their real or some kind of fakes. There have been more than one auction with this setup. Also found this one with white frame and same lenses ( 120904859014 ).
If you know what they are let me know.

Radar with a set of lenses. I found this on ebay (auction #'s 251048943534 / 270964491890 / 120904866942 ). I can't figure out what main lens is. Looks like a cross of ruby and red iridium. Looks like a shooters array with the clear, yellow, black polarized, and grey lens. I'm interested in getting something like this for shooting. I just want to verify weather their real or some kind of fakes. There have been more than one auction with this setup. Also found this one with white frame and same lenses ( 120904859014 ).
If you know what they are let me know.

All fake for sure, except for 270964491890, the smoke frames one, I'm not positive for that one. Not accepting returns on a brand new item, not showing many photos, etc is a bad sign though. And Oakley never sold the Radar at retail with a whole mess of lenses. That's about $300 or more worth, no reason it shouldn't sell in the $200 range or more if it's legit.

The pairs coming from Singapore with a price that's 'too good to be true' are mostly fakes. You can also see the micro bags are obvious fakes. The "Rainbow" lens is another sure sign, since Oakley doesn't make a lens like that. The case looks off, it's too big to be a standard array case, and standard retail cases don't have the clip, only SI cases.

24Ks w/ 24K lens, turned out gold earstems.

3 day listing

Back