• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Thanks. Just concerned on his other listings that has plastic tie.

I saw that and it made me wonder also. I have seen people on eBay do that before with the plastic ties and the sunglasses were legit. I have bought some from a sample store we have here and they were legit and had he plastic ties so maybe that is what that signifies. Someone else may know more on the subject.

These are very cheapso i have to ask , but for the oakley logo they seem different from ones i have ? the L mixed with the E dont seem the real deal .
Can you tell me if these are fake by the logo or i need more photos , these are photos from the website like a portuguese craiglist , so i dont have more photos .
I ask seller and they dont have sku , they seem fake for me what you people think ???'

oakley radar.jpg

Last edited:
sorry for the photo , they are fake , cause they dont have the little R from registred trademark symbol in the end of Y

Need some help on a couple of eBay finds. I have a pair of Racing Jackets and a pair of Jawbones but the inside coating on one of my g40 Photochromic lenses is flaking off. Having trouble getting any response from Oakley customer service so I'm just looking for a relatively inexpensive frame with a g40 or vr50 photo lens to fill the gap and possibly turn into a long term replacement. Found two possibles, but I'm having trouble telling if they are legit or not.

Item one
This one looks like a fairly good knockoff to me, but I want a second opinion. What I'm noticing is the lock doesn't seem to be closed all the way, no numbers, and the O looks a little too two dimensional, but could just be matte finish. I'm also questioning if this is actually photochromic as I'm not seeing the etching on the bottom edge of the lens. I've seen three of these from this seller, one with a clear lens, and all have looked like the lock is partially open, none have numbers, but the clear one does have glossy O's.

Second One:
This one looks a bit more legit. Has numbers, but as I don't have Radarlocks, I'm not sure if they match up to the correct format, size, positioning, etc. I have a question out to this seller as to if the lens on the frames are actually photochromic as the number matches up to those frames, but with clear to black, not what appears to be either g40 or vr50 in those pics. Also because etching can't be seen, but it could be out of focus in a shadow.

I'd much rather find replacement lenses for my current frames, if anyone can point me in the right direction on those, but it appears that the only thing out there right now is clear to black, which I already have.

The first one looks legit to me. The photochromic symbol is there but you can just barely see it if you zoom in a lot. The second one there arent enough pics to get a good look at it so I would either ask for better pics or pass on it.

The first one looks legit to me. The photochromic symbol is there but you can just barely see it if you zoom in a lot. The second one there arent enough pics to get a good look at it so I would either ask for better pics or pass on it.

Thanks for the quick update. I thought so too on the lens etching. The lack of numbers and that lock not being fully closed are the only things that are really throwing me off on that one. After several hours of digging through forums, pictures, eBay listings and past sales, etc., the only confirmed legitimate ones I have seen without numbers are from the Safehouse. Those look like they have different earpieces, the openings on the inside of the mold are a bit different on those. My guess is that they were pre-production as the RL came out in '12 and most, if not all of the Safehouse ones were from the London Olympics that year.

Just trying to make sure as the last thing I want to do is give money to someone passing off fakes.

Thanks. Just concerned on his other listings that has plastic tie.

I looked at his Ebay store. All his Oakleys look legit to me. AND the pricing is excellent. Frogskins $39, Triggerman $49, Crosshairs $59, Flak $69. Great prices and all new.

Back