• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Possible custom. Not overly familiar with the radars though
I like the Carbon radar and can buy this one. I have never seen this with orange icons. Are the legit?

View attachment 515037

View attachment 515038

View attachment 515039

Looking at the pics they look like glossy carbon Radars which were available custom and in other configs. Certainly the owner could have switched the icons.

The Echelon carbon fiber ones though (matte carbon) did not come with orange ones

Looks fake to me, mostly around the icons

What specifically looks fake to you?? To me it looks a little different only in the colour and possibly because of the way it was photographed (angle + light), but otherwise looks absolutely correct.
You need to be specific if you're gonna make that assertion.

Do you people see a lot of absolutely PERFECT copies, because if this is one such copy, it is flawless. The raised lettering on the arm for example- traditionally one that has proven tricky to get right. This looks perfect. The icons look to be polished alu too, inserted absolutely perfectly, with the exact same gap as on any other Straight Jacket 2, so are you saying that there are people / groups out there that have set up injection moulded tooling to replicate Oakleys PERFECTLY in every respect? That they would take the time to make, polish and perfectly insert alu icons??? Wouldn't that COMPLETELY DEFEAT the whole ethos of take a small amount of money and run ethos of counterfeiters?
I have always wondered (when I see the truly shockingly poor "copies" around on ebay, most of which aren't actual copies at all) whether such perfect copies exist, but if there are, there would be MANY, many more of them, so where are they? Do people here have such copies that they bought, thought were real for a long time, due to them being so perfect, then discovered they were fake, and can show them to us? Because having thought in the past this may be a possibility, but also having seen what's out there, I now personally don''t think it happens, but I'd certainly want to have SOLID proof of such a momentous thing does go on.
Finally, while we're at it, why hasn't a single one of you answered my own query just above??
Please see Oakley Sunglasses Jacket - Brown | eBay

Last edited:
What specifically looks fake to you?? To me it looks a little different only in the colour and possibly because of the way it was photographed angle + light), but otherwise looks absolutely correct.

Do you people see a lot of absolutely PERFECT copies, because if this is one such copy, it is flawless. The raised lettering on the arm for example- traditionally one that has proven tricky to get right. This looks perfect. The icons look to be polished alu too, inserted absolutely perfectly, with the exact same gap as on any other Staright Jacket 2, so are you saying that there are people / groups out there that have set up injection moulded tooling to replicate Oakleys PERFECTLY in every respect? That they would TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE, POLISH AND PERFECTLY INSERT ALU ICONS??? Wouldn't that COMPLETELY DEFEAT the whole ethos of take a small amount of money and run ethos of counterfeiters?
I have always wondered (when I see the truly shockingly poor "copies" around on ebay, most of which aren't actual copies at all) whether such perfect copies exist, but if there are, there would be LOTS MORE of them, so where are they? Do people here have such copies that they bought, thought were real for a long time, due to them being so perfect, then discovered they were fake, and can show them to us? Because having thought in the past this may be a possibility, but also having seen what's out there, I now personally don''t think it happens, but I'd certainly want to have SOLID proof of such a momentous thing does go on.
Finally, while we're at it, why hasn't a single one of you answered my own query just above??

Such passion. Do you make copies, yourself? I kid.

I can’t answer all of your questions in regards to moulding and such, but there are some extremely good fakes. Look up Pit Boss fakes and the only difference is the angle of front plate and the rivets are flat. To the untrained eye, they are the same. (Well, some are obvious, due to the coloring) also, look up Badman fakes...those things are spot on.

So making the comment that the icon doesn’t look right can and is legit. It could be the shape, the size or the orientation/location.

What specifically looks fake to you?? To me it looks a little different only in the colour and possibly because of the way it was photographed angle + light), but otherwise looks absolutely correct.

Do you people see a lot of absolutely PERFECT copies, because if this is one such copy, it is flawless. The raised lettering on the arm for example- traditionally one that has proven tricky to get right. This looks perfect. The icons look to be polished alu too, inserted absolutely perfectly, with the exact same gap as on any other Staright Jacket 2, so are you saying that there are people / groups out there that have set up injection moulded tooling to replicate Oakleys PERFECTLY in every respect? That they would TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE, POLISH AND PERFECTLY INSERT ALU ICONS??? Wouldn't that COMPLETELY DEFEAT the whole ethos of take a small amount of money and run ethos of counterfeiters?
I have always wondered (when I see the truly shockingly poor "copies" around on ebay, most of which aren't actual copies at all) whether such perfect copies exist, but if there are, there would be LOTS MORE of them, so where are they? Do people here have such copies that they bought, thought were real for a long time, due to them being so perfect, then discovered they were fake, and can show them to us? Because having thought in the past this may be a possibility, but also having seen what's out there, I now personally don''t think it happens, but I'd certainly want to have SOLID proof of such a momentous thing does go on.
It’s possible people aren’t aware of being customs or MPH pairs as they aren’t as dedicated to whole aspect of being a walking oakley dictionary... SGH sells mph pairs or missmatched pairs often without people even knowing it.

On the topic of fakes, they’re getting better... The better/closer to authentic the counterfeit the more they can charge for said counterfeit... CNC machining the mold for making frames is the most expensive cost. The rest is peanuts in comparison - sticking to solid bland colors is easier, but as seen in the past they’ve simply painted or hydrodipped white pairs to more exclusive colors oakley offers.

For the average go if it looks like the real thing from 3 feet away it’s good enough, they’re not going to closely inspect them for finish/fit/weight/feel of them. Hell I’ve seen fake holbrooks come with matching boxes and all the papers only give away is the stupid cleaning cloth they’d put in. The copies are getting better because cost of manufacturing them is getting better and costing less.

I wouldn’t buy those jackets with that sticker on the lens... the socks look odd also

It’s possible people aren’t aware of being customs or MPH pairs as they aren’t as dedicated to whole aspect of being a walking oakley dictionary... SGH sells mph pairs or missmatched pairs often without people even knowing it.

On the topic of fakes, they’re getting better... The better/closer to authentic the counterfeit the more they can charge for said counterfeit... CNC machining the mold for making frames is the most expensive cost. The rest is peanuts in comparison - sticking to solid bland colors is easier, but as seen in the past they’ve simply painted or hydrodipped white pairs to more exclusive colors oakley offers.

For the average go if it looks like the real thing from 3 feet away it’s good enough, they’re not going to closely inspect them for finish/fit/weight/feel of them. Hell I’ve seen fake holbrooks come with matching boxes and all the papers only give away is the stupid cleaning cloth they’d put in. The copies are getting better because cost of manufacturing them is getting better and costing less.

I wouldn’t buy those jackets with that sticker on the lens... the socks look odd also
Ha, I was going to make a comment about the socks, as well. But was afraid making a general comment may not be what @DogsterMon is looking for...

Ha, I was going to make a comment about the socks, as well. But was afraid making a general comment may not be what @DogsterMon is looking for...
He should ask the seller to put them on a jewelry scale then find out the authentic weight of a pair of jackets... that's pretty hard to counterfeit material properties considering counterfeiters aren't going to be spending the dough on copying Oakley O-Matter formula.

Looks fake to me, mostly around the icons
What specifically looks fake to you?
They look exactly like SJ2s to me.

In the past, it had been a bit of a fear of mine that such flawless copies exist, but if you think about it rationally, I don't believe this to be a possibility, and on the red shades above, every detail is perfect - see the correctly textured raised lettering on the inside arms, for instance - but I will grant you, they look a bit odd around the icons, although I think that's more to do with the angle and the light than any fakery one could point to. Unless, again, you can specify what you mean.

Are there absolutely perfect copies floating around?? I'd love to see examples and hear from people who have them, because this was always something I have wondered about, but I haven't seen - unless I have seen them without realising it, since they are so absolutely perfect and like the real thing in every respect.
Are there counterfeiters who have set up injection moulding tooling (very expensive) to produce utterly flawless repros? If so, there would be thousands floating around, to justify the tooling cost! We would all know of >at least< one, or have a friend who has one such flawless copy.

The only fakes I spot (and easily,usually from the ebay THUMBS!!) are the really badly made ones, like the one I show a few posts above, which don't even bother to copy a specific model closely, so totally embarrassing hack jobs.

Last edited:
He should ask the seller to put them on a jewelry scale then find out the authentic weight of a pair of jackets... that's pretty hard to counterfeit material properties considering counterfeiters aren't going to be spending the dough on copying Oakley O-Matter formula.
That's a very interesting point, although with plastics being what they are, I fear that a good fake could still be within a couple of grams of the real thing, which would itself probably be the margin of error of real SJs - pained models would weigh more, too - but worth looking into! If any people with large SJ collections could weigh all their models, it would be fascinating to see the fluctuations, to start with! Have at it, anyone?

Hey, I'll take ANY input, man! If at least to know that I'm not just pointlessly shouting into the void! Which now that my post was just deleted (why????) I feel even more like! :(
SO those goldish brown "jackets" look fake as hell them, right? Thought so. Seller swears they're real and they even have the box(!) but it's damaged. Asked for pics of the bx, damage and all, they get aggressive and refuse. Scammer behaviour 101.
Then look at the low price! Surprised they haven't sold yet, when other terrible fakes have, and for more!!

Back