• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
What’s the definition of fraud under law?

Fraud is generally defined in the law as an intentional misrepresentation of material existing fact made by one person to another withknowledge of its falsity and for the purpose of inducing the other person to act, and upon which the other person relies withresulting injury or damage.”

No injury or damage occurred. No offers were accepted & there were many sent at full asking price. OfferUp was chosen for this reason.

I never said fraud did I? No, deceptive yes. From what you stated earlier you were intending to damage his reputation on here. That in itself meet the definition of fraud.

You read it how you want, I'll read it how I want. End of discussion.

I never said fraud did I? No, deceptive yes. From what you stated earlier you were intending to damage his reputation on here. That in itself meet the definition of fraud.

You read it how you want, I'll read it how I want. End of discussion.

Are we going to have to go into the definition of fraud/fraudulent now?

I had no intention to damage reputation. I only spoke up about him in particular because he definitely made it seem like he wasn’t screwing other members over. There were other forum members that contacted me as well that I didn’t oust. As I stated before, it is good to know who you are dealing with in the collector community as it is a competition.

I just corrected his claims - that’s not damaging a reputation. That is making factual claims. There is a difference.

You read it however you want, but fraudulent is “done by fraud” and I’ve just explained to you the definition of fraud. Your interpretation of a scam wouldn’t be considered valid to anyone you’d make a case towards.

As far as losing respect goes, I knew that going in that all reactions would not be positive. I like to be aware of all variables in play though, so ignorance is not a state I am personally comfortable with.

No point to respond to anything further, as my points have been iterated and replying would just be more of the same. You have your opinion, I have mine. Same thing with ethics, some people have them and others do not.

Last edited:
Are we going to have to go into the definition of fraud/fraudulent now?

I had no intention to damage reputation. I only spoke up about him in particular because he definitely made it seem like he wasn’t screwing other members over. There were other forum members that contacted me as well that I didn’t oust. As I stated before, it is good to know who you are dealing with in the collector community as it is a competition.

I just corrected his claims - that’s not damaging a reputation. That is making factual claims. There is a difference.

You read it however you want, but fraudulent is “done by fraud” and I’ve just explained to you the definition of fraud. Your interpretation of a scam wouldn’t be considered valid to anyone you’d make a case towards.

As far as losing respect goes, I knew that going in that all reactions would not be positive. I like to be aware of all variables in play though, so ignorance is not a state I am personally comfortable with.

No point to respond to anything further, as my points have been iterated and replying would just be more of the same. You have your opinion, I have mine. Same thing with ethics, some people have them and others do not.

So your ethnic makes it alright to catfish people, if it benefits you... :rolleyes:

I knew the whole C-Six thing was a scam from the beginning, I just didnt know it was a bait scam from someone on here.

Here are the responses I received to questions...... btw, I never made an offer because my spidey senses told me not to.

can you take some better pics of the hinge ares from the inside?
reply: My camera isn’t that good
so you cant take any other pics?
reply: I can take pics but it won’t catch that serial number
Someone else asked me to do it
The serial number is kinda tiny and camera struggle with focusing
an hour later... So I guess your not posting any other pics?
reply: I’ll post more later when I’m home.

The description was so stupidly written, original pic was clear, stupid responses = scam

Personally I think you should be ashamed for setting this up to begin with. What did it prove? Nothing really, we all know that when someone posts a steal on here its fair game for others to swoop in and try to get it.

Ive talked till Im blue in the face about people not posting "great deals" they find on here because it ruins it for the people that do the legwork and stiff out the deals.

Posting a scam for the purpose of entrapment in just wrong. Personally I now think less of you than anyone who tried to put in an offer on the glasses.

and to the original poster on here who asked about them to begin with, if you were in on it, shame on you too.

The lesson I learned from being catfished by @htrap2294 who set up the C Six ad/listing on Offerup and played the role of David (the clueless seller that found these in a garage)...

If I contact a seller on a listing that is for sale, and the seller (David aka @htrap2294) responds to me that they have an offer or are working on a deal.

A ethical and true collector would thank David for their time and walk away, instead of trying to learn info on what the current offer is.

It was unethical to;
ask what the offer David is considering/working on (as a means to determine if I would offer more)
to offer David his asking price, considering he is in the works of accepting an offer for less (as it's unfair to the other buyer who contacted him first)
answer David's question of what model they are (as it will educate David on the fact he's not getting his money's worth and being taken for a ride / it ruins the deal for the other buyer)

Essentially, by not walking away once David (@htrap2294) said he was working on a deal, I caused there to be no sale because David changed his mind on selling them once I responded to his questions of what model sunglasses they were and why I was eager to try an pay his asking price, an later out bid the previous buyer. By providing him the name of the model, David (@htrap2294) learns of their rarity. Had I walked away, someone else would've at least gotten a pair of C Six's for $55. Later on if that other buyer sold them for more than the $55 he paid for them, it would be up to the ethical police on whether they make it public knowledge that he purchased them for $55.

The righteous response as a collector is to walk away from the seller and thank him for his time if he does not respond with "yes I still have them for sale".

Last edited:
Back