• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
@htrap2294 you say it was sold, but in the links we see it was still open for a while... so that's a lie on your part. BUT THE FOCUS IS you're insinuating @BoostBear broke the ethical code by making an offer to david aka you (@htrap2294) that fulfilled his asking price which in turn would ruin the deal for the other buyer...

An I'm sitting here thinking... why is no one here is criticizing the seller david aka @htrap2294 for agreeing to take @BoostBear on his offer which screws over the other buyer in order to make more money?

@htrap2294 by you not telling the other prospective buyers that you appreciate their higher offer but as an ethical person, you are going to sell them based on the first person who contacted you. By you phishing @BoostBear in and taking interest in his offer... you're breaking your own ethical code you're preaching about.

You can interpret the word how you like. here is the official definition from Merriam Webster:

scam
noun

\ˈskam

\
Definition of scam
(Entry 1 of 2)

: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation
In short @htrap2294 is bored loser with nothing better to do than troll the internet by setting up fake listings, with the sole intention of trolling buyers by challenging their ethics and seeing it they line up with his own views. Of course he won't admit that, because thats beside the point - the focus was to put @BoostBear down and make him look like a sh!ty person for showing interest in a ad that wasn't marked as sold.

@htrap2294 you say it was sold, but in the links we see it was still open for a while... so that's a lie on your part.
Nope, not a lie. OfferUp databases lag - I am still getting messages on the pairs despite having pulled down the listing over 12 hours ago.

BUT THE FOCUS IS you're insinuating @BoostBear broke the ethical code by making an offer to david aka you (@htrap2294) that fulfilled his asking price which in turn would ruin the deal for the other buyer...
Yes, and he just said the same. Your point is??

An I'm sitting here thinking... why is no one here is criticizing the seller david aka @htrap2294 for agreeing to take @BoostBear on his offer which screws over the other buyer in order to make more money?
You cannot control the seller - you can prevent the collector community from behaving like savages. The point is, behaving in that manner does nobody any good and in the end, prices just become more expensive for the collector.

@htrap2294 by you not telling the other prospective buyers that you appreciate their higher offer but as an ethical person, you are going to sell them based on the first person who contacted you. By you phishing @BoostBear in and taking interest in his offer... you're breaking your own ethical code you're preaching about.
Nope, at this point he's broke the line so might as well lead him on. It doesn't hurt or do anything but waste his time.

In short @htrap2294 is bored loser with nothing better to do than troll the internet by setting up fake listings, with the sole intention of trolling buyers by challenging their ethics and seeing it they line up with his own views. Of course he won't admit that, because thats beside the point - the focus was to put @BoostBear down and make him look like a sh!ty person for showing interest in a ad that wasn't marked as sold.
Good one, I actually do pretty decent in life but I'm not about to sit around and flaunt. That would be tacky. Nice attempt to trigger though. :)

I collect as well & love to see who the competition is & who not to deal with. I've maintained that point since the beginning.

Answers in bold.

@htrap2294 you say it was sold, but in the links we see it was still open for a while... so that's a lie on your part. BUT THE FOCUS IS you're insinuating @BoostBear broke the ethical code by making an offer to david aka you (@htrap2294) that fulfilled his asking price which in turn would ruin the deal for the other buyer...

Can we just get past all of this... I mostly confused of the fact I was being trolled by @htrap2294 an at the same time he was playing the part of david and a forum member. I see what the purpose of it all was, an I now understand why it was done and the lesson learned from it. @narplife bro just let it go, you trying to call out @htrap2294 isn't going to undo what was done. An I don't see how you're going to change other member's minds of what their view of me as person/OF member is - some people have good views other have negative ones, tough cookies that's life.

Life in the fastlane i suppose.

Yep, the single two most annoying parts are:
- renegging on a deal, once the item is sold
- your money is stuck for a few days

Point two isn't that big of a deal but there has been occasions I have had a few hundred bucks in refund process stuck that would've been useful at another opportunity so it makes it worth mentioning.

Latest Posts

Back