• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Oakley New Bottle Rocket Sunglasses OO9164-09 White Frame/Blue Polarized lens 604966976814 | eBay

I am back on the fake thread because I noticed a seller who sold me counterfeits, is back at it again on Ebay, with the same exact glasses I returned. Do you guys know what I should do about such a person? Should I call Ebay? Or am I just wasting my time? I tried to make a review of the glasses and say it was fake. But it seems my review is being blocked or disregarded. Possibly by Ebay themselves. What?

Untitled.png

Hey guys, just got these in the mail. Are these legit? Just want to make sure, I bought a pair through offerup.

View attachment 574960

View attachment 574961

View attachment 574962

View attachment 574963
Came in the box? Take a picture of the labels if there are any. The SKU number seems legit and matches glasses like what in your hand. So to me, I don't see an indication of it being fake. Seeing the label on the box would help me. A lot of fakes don't have those bar code labels. It would be just a generic box. I'm just a beginner and don't have glasses similar for comparison. But if you have the means. Find a legit pair and match the two. Differences would indicate fake. There are some really good guys here who could tell you in seconds. Am I the first to reply?

Yep, came with the box. Bag says made in Cambodia, I'm not sure if that is important or not. Here's some box pics.

15491612705348031157778917903813.jpg

15491612847487132980175323100875.jpg

15491613094497176703210594060941.jpg

15491613267163526966222711640662.jpg

15491613513265314348570825877635.jpg

Oakley New Bottle Rocket Sunglasses OO9164-09 White Frame/Blue Polarized lens 604966976814 | eBay

I am back on the fake thread because I noticed a seller who sold me counterfeits, is back at it again on Ebay, with the same exact glasses I returned. Do you guys know what I should do about such a person? Should I call Ebay? Or am I just wasting my time? I tried to make a review of the glasses and say it was fake. But it seems my review is being blocked or disregarded. Possibly by Ebay themselves. What?

View attachment 575543

I used to report them but stopped doing it. There are way too many scammers out there and I got better things to do than to police eBay. Besides... People always can file a claim to eBay when they buy fakes right? ;):behindsofa:

Didn't mean to double post sorry

No problemo. I'm kind of a novice at identifying fakes. I'm really not sure how some of these guys do it. Some of them are super slick and give answers in seconds. That's why I have to ask questions. One of the other ways to tell a fake is when you close your ear arms. Near the hinges there should be an L or R visible. Hope I'm helping.

No problemo. I'm kind of a novice at identifying fakes. I'm really not sure how some of these guys do it. Some of them are super slick and give answers in seconds. That's why I have to ask questions. One of the other ways to tell a fake is when you close your ear arms. Near the hinges there should be an L or R visible. Hope I'm helping.

That is not always the case...

I used to report them but stopped doing it. There are way too many scammers out there and I got better things to do than to police eBay. Besides... People always can file a claim to eBay when they buy fakes right? ;):behindsofa:
Yeah you're right. But I am finally starting to take the position of just staying away from unknown sellers already. It is a lot of trouble, as you saw with the last guy that asked to "prove me wrong". A couple months of dealing with cr@p, and I think I finally had enough. Too much headaches.

Back