• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi there,

Thanks, I thought I had to create an album to post.
Here goes- I think I've bought a pair of fakes?

To my very in-expert eye they appeared to be gen 1.0 A Wire brushed thick?

But looking at the hinges I can't see the opening that allows lenses to be taken out and replaced as on the gen 2.0 version and also on some images a few pages back that everyone thought was a genuine gen 1.0 A Wire?

Like I said, I'm no expert, just a fan of great design, so any advice would be gratefully received.

:D

IMG_20190125_123035.jpg

IMG_20190125_123136.jpg

IMG_20190125_123109.jpg

Hi there,

Thanks, I thought I had to create an album to post.
Here goes- I think I've bought a pair of fakes?

To my very in-expert eye they appeared to be gen 1.0 A Wire brushed thick?

But looking at the hinges I can't see the opening that allows lenses to be taken out and replaced as on the gen 2.0 version and also on some images a few pages back that everyone thought was a genuine gen 1.0 A Wire?

Like I said, I'm no expert, just a fan of great design, so any advice would be gratefully received.

View attachment 572661

View attachment 572662

View attachment 572663
I’m sure @flyer could tell you.

Your instincts are right; the hinges give it away. They should at least be functional for lens removal.
The "O" is pretty lame too...
Sorry for your luck.
:(

Thought as much. From the moment I held them they didn't feel right.

Even the gen 1.0 A Wire here on ebay doesn't appear to have the split on the frame but there does appear to be a functional opening next to the lens:

OAKLEY A-WIRE CARBON FRAME/BLACK POLARIZED LENS/LONG EAR SOCK GREAT CONDITION!!! 700285055787 | eBay

But look on the bright side, they were a £35 buy on ebay and they've already agreed to a return.

I knew someone on this forum would land on the thread and know immediately.

Back