• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I am brand new so I apologize if I shouldn't ask this in here, but is there a general guide for identifying fakes? i.e. something or somethings the fakes never get quite right? Then more specifically is there anything you all have seen regarding fake carbon primes? I am looking for a pair and would like to know what to look for.

:welcome:

I am brand new so I apologize if I shouldn't ask this in here, but is there a general guide for identifying fakes? i.e. something or somethings the fakes never get quite right? Then more specifically is there anything you all have seen regarding fake carbon primes? I am looking for a pair and would like to know what to look for.
Check out Cacatman's thread covering a variety of fake guides 🦘How to Spot Fake Oakleys Guide

Revant has general guide too here, but cacatman's are more in depth and you get commentary ;)

No prime in those guides, but you can try searching within this thread by choosing the top right search feature and specifying to just this thread.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.32.18 PM.png

Also helpful threads are here

I realized the china seller with clear jawbones, also have fake primes. You can try comparing these images to other confirmed real pairs and see if you can spot differences....

Oakley did prototype ferrari carbon primes. They could be legit, but not sure from a seller with just 6 feedback and from Venuzuela.
@YakuzaFloralGangsta could probably comment on the pics. He owns a couple of these.
Reverse image search their 4 main images, an you'll see here they're stock images. They aren't even photographs, but oakley's 3D model which they render to provide images of the model for their website; meaning there's nothing real for you to use as point of reference in authenticity. The only actual photo is of the sku number, which is closely cropped from a larger image that's why there's all that pixal ****.

Ask for way more photos, or avoid buying from them because that **** looks sketchy.

I realized the china seller with clear jawbones, also have fake primes. You can try comparing these images to other confirmed real pairs and see if you can spot differences....

Reverse image search their 4 main images, an you'll see here they're stock images. They aren't even photographs, but oakley's 3D model which they render to provide images of the model for their website; meaning there's nothing real for you to use as point of reference in authenticity. The only actual photo is of the sku number, which is closely cropped from a larger image that's why there's all that pixal ****.

Ask for way more photos, or avoid buying from them because that **** looks sketchy.
@boost "Super sleuth" bear. Nice work.

Latest Posts

Back