• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Thanks for the explanation, i don't have a pair of those and did not realize the tabs were for removing the icons. I hope they are real and he can enjoy the good deal. I never trust the single image seller posts. So they are putting the USA assembled tag on some but not all frames? wonder why?

The red tab thingy came into existence sometime in 2018, if memory serves me right. Almost all O-matter frames after 2018 have had the red tab. Got them even on Holbrooks and Froggies.

Eyeshades. The seller wants only 60$ and claims they were imported from the USA looooong time ago and therefore she does not remember when they where bought nor the price back then.

I am always pretty sceptical when I find a possible "steal" but I din't see any hint that would bring me they are fake. I find no info about the bag. The swiss market is normally "trustworthy".

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 10.13.54.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 10.13.35.jpeg

Hi folks,

I have recently bought a pair of Sutros online and was wondering whether or not they are authentic. Especially the USA assembled sign on the right temple and the lacking SKU on the left temple made me curious. Would be cool to get some advice on this :)
Pictures of the glasses in question can be found here:

Sorry I am new to the forum and accidentally posted twice :)

Sorry bro those look fake. The cut on the wicket (the metal piece in the middle) is wrong, the USA assembled font looks terrible, and the prizm etching is black instead of silver. The lens color also doesn't look like prizm jade.

I took a $ 10 dlls chance today on what appears to be a Polished Aluminum XXs, they look fine but what it makes doubt if they are real its that they dont have the Oakley text on the bridge.
Here are some pictures, @DaysOfNoah , @docrusty , @Chet Manley View attachment 863283View attachment 863284View attachment 863285
Legit. I think later production of the XX Twenty did not include "TWENTY" written above the XX. And I have yet to see a polished aluminum with nose bridge text although they do exist from what I'm told.

Back