• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

☆☆☆Official MMA thread☆☆☆

Why are they having a Conner vs Nate Rematch? UFC is prob trying to bank on their new cash cow rebounding since Rousey Lost

Well it hasn't been announced yet but it seems thats the way they are going. I think the reasoning is this: If the rematch happens and Conor wins, the hype train is back on the rails and it's back down to FW to defend against Edgar (probably in New York now that the bill passed). If he loses, they have a MONSTER star in Nate who will most likely get a title shot at Lawler. Conor then goes back down to defend against either Aldo or Edgar. Either way they have someone in the megastar role coming out of the fight.

Punk ass got his ass handed to him. Reminds me of The Great white hype. Nate walking up to the ring with a beer and a cig. Yea, Ill fight.

Why are they having a Conner vs Nate Rematch? UFC is prob trying to bank on their new cash cow rebounding since Rousey Lost
Money... all money. How does Aldo not get an automatic rematch just like the last 4 title holders that lost their title. On the other hand, I think it's complete bullsh!t that they even have a rematch after losing to the #1 contender. They should always fight a #2 contender after a title loss or a recent title holder. Not a rematch. That's how the big names have been dropping so quickly due to the fact that they give everyone a rematch. Right now, Conner and Rousey are thier main ticket sellers and both divisions have only a few years in the UFC. What happen to the light heavyweight division? What happen to the heavyweight division? Dana looks at the sport now like a money baby and not trying to create a sport that will be here for the ages.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread yet... but here goes!
From UFC, Bellator, Rizin, etc. :cool-33:

I start off... who thinks Dana white is a fair promoter?
He's a literally a modern day Don King who's turning more into Vince McMahon one pay per view at a time. The theatrics of UFC now compared to as little as 5-7 years ago is ridiculous, much less back when it first getting mainstream exposure.

Back