• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

◇◇◇◇OFFICIAL NFL 2019 THREAD◇◇◇◇

One more...

FB_IMG_1579488665575.jpg

I just saw a stat on TV that the 49ers are the 7th team to reach the superbowl with 55 or more regular season sacks.

The other six teams ALL won the superbowl.

Those are strong numbers.

I just saw a stat on TV that the 49ers are the 7th team to reach the superbowl with 55 or more regular season sacks.

The other six teams ALL won the superbowl.

Those are strong numbers.
Records are broken all the time but the 49’ers are a very strong team.

Records are broken all the time but the 49’ers are a very strong team.

Agreed but it's not really a record. More like a trend that is a very strong one. The teams that did go on to win were all very good defenses and most beat very good offenses.

That stat is too strong for me to pick against...

Plus Andy Reid doesnt have a good record and hes going against a Shannahan.

Games already over.

Agreed but it's not really a record. More like a trend that is a very strong one. The teams that did go on to win were all very good defenses and most beat very good offenses.

That stat is too strong for me to pick against...

Plus Andy Reid doesnt have a good record and hes going against a Shannahan.

Games already over.
Only thing I have on this game is money on squares and lines so either team could win and I'm unaffected.

In all honesty, this is a matchup nightmare for the Chiefs. What the Chiefs don't defend well is what the 49ers do best and what the Chiefs do best the 49ers defend the best. Mahomes is the xfactor though! If the 49ers can contain him and limit his improvising the Niners stand a very good chance at hoisting number 6.

National media been on the Chiefs nuts for over a week but just this morning I heard a few start to waiver a bit and lean 49ers. I hope they continue to downplay the 49ers and discount all the accomplishments the 49ers achieved this season, this team feeds off that stuff!

Copied from a 49ers news source....

Chiefs Don't Match-Up Well

The game of football is a chess match with the best athletes in the world as the pieces. Kansas City holds the crown with Patrick Mahomes being the most impactful player on the board, but aside from that, the Chiefs' other pieces don't match up nearly as well. For starters, the 49ers rushing offense was ranked 2nd in the NFL in 2019 only to a Lamar-led Ravens, while the Chiefs rushing defense ranked 26th in the NFL at stopping the run. Quite an advantage for a team that just ran over both the Vikings (13th vs. the Run) & Packers (23rd vs. the run) on its way to the Super Bowl. Clearly here, the 49ers' offensive strength is matched well against the Chiefs' defensive weakness.

It isn't hard to see that the passing game is the Chiefs' offensive strength. The Chiefs ranked 5th in passing yards per game in 2019 and have hitched their wagon to Mahomes' arm during the playoff run. What do the 49ers do better than anybody in the NFL? Defend the pass. Allowing only 169.2 yards per game, the 49ers excel at putting the clamps on the QB. These numbers are even further skewed by the fact the 49ers were without Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander for nearly half the year, two key factors in pressuring the QB and covering TEs and RBs out of the backfield. Six times this year the 49ers held teams to under 106 total passing yards (Mayfield, Goff, Keenum, Allen, Rodgers, Jackson). If the 49ers showed one defensive weakness in 2019, it would be against the run. The past two games Patrick Mahomes was the Chiefs' leading rusher, another area where the 49ers have a clear advantage. If there is one way to stop a red-hot QB, it will be to keep him off the field by sustaining long drives and playing the pass well. The 49ers have reasons to be confident about this chess match.

Back