• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

***Official NFL Season 2014***

I saw this on the news.

I'm curious as to everyone elses thoughts as I don't follow sports at all and obviously don't know the nitty gritty details of what exactly happened.

All I know is that there is video of him knocking his wife out in the elevator.

Now here is what I want to know.....football is/was his career......yes? He just got BANNED from his JOB for life. Granted he probably has something to fall back on but he PLAYS FOOTBALL.

Do you guys think that what he did in his personal life should have that kind of effect on his work life? He just lost his career because he punched his wife in the face.

I have mixed opinions on this and want to know what you guys think.

DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind I do not in any way whatsoever condone at all the beating of women.

Ray is a very good ball payer but a by product of being that good is he becomes a role model wheather he likes it or not. The NFL needs to show that that type of behavior is not accepted or tollarated. I belive all the players have a morality clause that covers thing like this for this reason

Ray is a very good ball payer but a by product of being that good is he becomes a role model wheather he likes it or not. The NFL needs to show that that type of behavior is not accepted or tollarated. I belive all the players have a morality clause that covers thing like this for this reason
Should have learned from the ochocinco incident.

I was so happy when I saw the Falcons beat the Saints! Defense was basically nonexistent, but that Saints fumble in overtime was timely for the Falcons! Falcons rose up yesterday!

OMGOSH... Watt is on another level. Glad that my team don't have to play against him.

Defense definitely looked suspect, but playing against Drew Brees and the Saints is a tough measuring stick for any defense. Matty Ice and the offense looked great - Devin Hester was impressive, and the running-back-by-committee worked out pretty well. A win against the hated Saints is always awesome - we'll see what they've got for the Bengals next week, but we are undefeated for now... :rolleyes: lol

I saw this on the news.

I'm curious as to everyone elses thoughts as I don't follow sports at all and obviously don't know the nitty gritty details of what exactly happened.

All I know is that there is video of him knocking his wife out in the elevator.

Now here is what I want to know.....football is/was his career......yes? He just got BANNED from his JOB for life. Granted he probably has something to fall back on but he PLAYS FOOTBALL.

Do you guys think that what he did in his personal life should have that kind of effect on his work life? He just lost his career because he punched his wife in the face.

I have mixed opinions on this and want to know what you guys think.

DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind I do not in any way whatsoever condone at all the beating of women.
The thing is that some of the craziness at home has a way of making it to work. And some may or may not affect job performance. While wife beating may not affect the player's performance, the league has an image to uphold (or improve). You do something stupid, don't be surprised by the penalties. I don't have any pity for a millionaire being stupid and losing his profession.

The Ravens just released him, and the NFL has now suspended him indefinitely in light of the video being released. Glad they stepped up and did what should have been done from the outset...

Now here is what I want to know.....football is/was his career......yes? He just got BANNED from his JOB for life. Granted he probably has something to fall back on but he PLAYS FOOTBALL. Do you guys think that what he did in his personal life should have that kind of effect on his work life? He just lost his career because he punched his wife in the face. I have mixed opinions on this and want to know what you guys think.
yeah, the last thing you want to do in a high paying, high profile job **such as being the starting running back for an NFL Team**, is to get caught socking your drunken wife when you yourself are drunk....

in an organization such as the NFL, you are pretty much a public figure everywhere you go - you wear and promote everything that the city and that organization entails....

best thing for the Ravens and the NFL was to distance themselves from him.....

hope he saved up some of that contract money he got a couple years ago.....

**wonder if his wife will stay with him now since he may not play another down in the NFL**

Defense definitely looked suspect, but playing against Drew Brees and the Saints is a tough measuring stick for any defense. Matty Ice and the offense looked great - Devin Hester was impressive, and the running-back-by-committee worked out pretty well. A win against the hated Saints is always awesome - we'll see what they've got for the Bengals next week, but we are undefeated for now... :rolleyes: lol
I was glad that the Falcons gave me some hope, it was tough sledding watching the aints pad the lead.

Clowney got outta surgery today - looks like they opted to "clean" it up as opposed to repair it...

probably be back by Week 5 or 6.....

Personally I'm against the idea of athletes or other celebrity entertainers as role models. They're all just putting out a product and, despite TMZ and the like, we don't really know who they really are and all the douchebaggery that may go on in their personal lives. Role models should be those that make a meaningful improvement to the human condition, not just provide entertainment. If being entertaining qualified one as a role model, then Rosy Palm and her Five Sisters would be at the top of the list. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure others feel differently.

And regardless of my personal opinion, the fact is that many athletes and entertainers are seen as role models, so it is what it is. The NFL and the like aren't obligated to enforce morality in off-field behavior, but the public demands it. And it's ultimately the public that funds their paychecks. So commentators get fired for insensitive remarks and players get released for punching women. Or murdering people. Or smoking weed.

I was glad that the Falcons gave me some hope, it was tough sledding watching the aints pad the lead.
I know, man. That score right before halftime - albeit only a field goal - turned out to be huge. Got us back within 10, but more importantly it gave us some momentum and confidence going into the locker room. Second half was great. Any word on Jake Matthews injury? I haven't had a chance to read about it yet...

Back