• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Offshoot Shaun White 24K $78.50 on Oakley.com

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Use Ebates and you'll get a couple more bucks back too----ships for around $84 which is below 50% off the retail

Odd...and somewhat generic...name for a model that never got a ton of love though I always liked it in pictures but held off buying at even $110ish.

Not sure it'll fit my fairly lean face (albeit that being on my 7-1/2 +/- inch hat size head perched on my 6 foot 5 inch frame) but I figure with Oakley now in this century and offering free shipping and returns, can't hurt to try for the price.

Use Ebates and you'll get a couple more bucks back too----ships for around $84 which is below 50% off the retail

Odd...and somewhat generic...name for a model that never got a ton of love though I always liked it in pictures but held off buying at even $110ish.

Not sure it'll fit my fairly lean face (albeit that being on my 7-1/2 +/- inch hat size head perched on my 6 foot 5 inch frame) but I figure with Oakley now in this century and offering free shipping and returns, can't hurt to try for the price.
Yeah, it was marked down to that price last month, if my memory serves me correct. I was one of the first to pay retail for it when it came out 3 years ago. It was my intro into 24k and the SGH world (it was initially an SGH exclusive for a hot minute). Loved it, scratched it up, but I am not anxious to get it again because I have the 24K in other frames!

Ah, the memories! Hopefully, it'll work out for you ucdavis!

Sent from Q's Note5

Yeah, it was marked down to that price last month, if my memory serves me correct. I was one of the first to pay retail for it when it came out 3 years ago. It was my intro into 24k and the SGH world (it was initially an SGH exclusive for a hot minute). Loved it, scratched it up, but I am not anxious to get it again because I have the 24K in other frames!

Ah, the memories! Hopefully, it'll work out for you ucdavis!

Sent from Q's Note5

LOL- I thought I was the only one who thought "I like that but then I'd have 3 of that lens color" :0) I was actually thinking that when I ordered these because it means I'll have two 24K and three Fire (and two Ruby) - that's alot on that end of the color spectrum. But to quote my girlfriend (when she's basically encouraging my collecting) "yeah but nobody else knows you have that much of a color" :dance2:

LOL- I thought I was the only one who thought "I like that but then I'd have 3 of that lens color" :0) I was actually thinking that when I ordered these because it means I'll have two 24K and three Fire (and two Ruby) - that's alot on that end of the color spectrum. But to quote my girlfriend (when she's basically encouraging my collecting) "yeah but nobody else knows you have that much of a color" :dance2:

True, but just the fact that I know is enough to kill it. At this point, it is moot.

Dang it ucdavis, don't encourage to buy a duplicate frame

I really wanted to replace the scratched up pair, but something kept coming up or it wasn't available. So I just let the dream go and moved on.

Hopefully, the Offshoot will work out for you bro! I have zero regrets getting mine despite what happened afterwards lol

Sent from Q's Note5

Buy a duplicate frame you will lol

Hope it fits and looks good on me cause I love me some 24K being being Bling Whore #1 and all :dance:
That's the price to pay for being #1... Having the honorable mention spot means that I don't have all that responsibility hahaha!

If I didn't just buy something and if I weren't really trying to go somewhere next month, I probably would have took the bait. Lol

They should fit me okay- according to Oakley's measurements the Offshoot is essentially the same size as the Turbine Rotor which fits me just right- AND I saw some tiny guy- I mean he might have been 5 foot 8 160- with a proportionate head today wearing the only pair I've ever seen on someone and they fit him just fine.

They should fit me okay- according to Oakley's measurements the Offshoot is essentially the same size as the Turbine Rotor which fits me just right- AND I saw some tiny guy- I mean he might have been 5 foot 8 160- with a proportionate head today wearing the only pair I've ever seen on someone and they fit him just fine.
You'll be fine. In my case, the Offshoot fits better than the Turbine (never tried a Rotor), but you probably know my philosophy, the bigger the better lol

Sent from Q's Note5

Back