• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Offshoot Suggestions/recommendations

walker.james

Oakley Beginner
After years of trying to find glasses to fit my fathead (size 8 hat), I finally found the offshoots. Perfect glasses, IMO. I like the shield type lens, frame is perfect, and great coverage.

My only problem is the lens choices. I want a matte black frame with a gray polarized lens! Right now I settled for the light grey non polarized, like them, but don't love them. I'm not into the iridiums or colored lens'.

Is there a way to persuade oakley to make a grey polarized lens? I've emailed oakley customer service a couple times and oakley standard issue.

I'm ready to buy a half dozen pairs right now to last the next few years!!

Thanks and hello, first post.

Jim

I'm thinking the same thing about Emerald Iridium Polarized lenses for the Straight Jacket 2...

Get them to make you a custom lens is highly unlikely. I say try out the available lens choices and go with that. The Offshoot is available at the custom bar in most Oakley stores, so you can try the lenses and throw the best one in the matte black frame. I love offshoots!

It's not only that I don't like iridiums or colors but my fire department does not allow mirror or color lens.

Think if enough people were interested, oakley would make them? Maybe I should start a poll. Has oakley ever came out with different lens options after the glasses/frames were released?

It's not only that I don't like iridiums or colors but my fire department does not allow mirror or color lens.

Think if enough people were interested, oakley would make them? Maybe I should start a poll. Has oakley ever came out with different lens options after the glasses/frames were released?

This isn't a small time company. Your chance of getting them to custom make you something that is not in production is slim to none. The production cost would not be in their interest to make a few bucks.

I would check out the warm grey lens. It's pretty good lens and not mirrored.

Warm grey is what I have now.

I guess I'll just keep sending emails in hopes I can persuade someone.

Thanks for the help.

So I've sent Oakley quite a few(lots) emails over the last few months. Two weeks ago I recieved an email back stating they havent forgotten about me and asked for my address. Yesterday I get in the mail a new pair of Offshoots with grey polarized lens and a spare lens!!!! I've never in my life seen a company do something like this! Completely blown away. I was already a lifetime fan after there military/local govt support but this unbelievable!

9E9019FD-8573-443F-A116-E976F82B0AD0_zpsffsnbbnp.jpg

43A54898-BBB9-4A5F-92A5-9DC52845256C_zpseludiumv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back