• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OForum Chat?

v2kjokerz

Oakley Expert
SoCal
was just wondering if it was possible to do this here. I have been to different forum sites with chat and it was very helpful if you needed that instant answer to questions you had and also kinda fun to be able to chat with the other members.

Anyone else?

I'm going to look into it and see how other sites do it, and what it requires.

I am still researching it, because I have seen it on a few other sites but have been unable to find the scripts anywhere...

Though while researching I did come across something interesting...someone was talking about why not to have a chat on a forum and it kind a made sense. The person's argument was "People will just chat in the shout box, then there are no threads, and people can't find the information later on, when they need it". I do agree with this. I don't want issues being solved in the chat box, then when someone has the same problem they can't find a solution.

However, I could of sworn I read about some type of script that when someone creates a thread, it becomes a chat(i.e, when multiple people are writing back and forth, it appears as a chat) but when the activity ends it appears as a thread. This would appeal a lot because it would provide a chat client and save the chats in thread. Hopefully I can find some more info in my research.

Back