• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oh boy packaging #2 of the week here..

Ironranger88

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Bought some tailhooks on offerup... no padding, no microfiber, only a hard case in a usps bag !

Smashed up good... was away from work for longer than the 2 day period to request refund and the package was misdelivered on top of it, so there is no requesting refund... screwed.

Proud new owner of a bent up pair of tailhooks! Hooray

20210125_183038.jpg

20210125_182606.jpg

20210125_182205.jpg

20210125_182220.jpg

20210125_182231.jpg

20210125_182310.jpg

20210125_182258.jpg

20210125_182327.jpg

This is why I do wish everyone would just go the extra miles and screw it give the higher shipping costs buyer selects UPS or FedEx.

my biggest fear with the postal service is these very threads showing damaged merchandise. Doesn’t matter Oakley or not I wish everyone would provide UPS or FedEx costs I myself would gladly pay. Food for thought after seeing this.

So many may possibly be quick to disagree with me. My answer to those that disagree is this. have you or someone you know had damaged packages from usps? Also, I bet those that have received damaged packages may possibly feel the same.

I’ve personally had lots of good luck with the Two services. I’ve been close to damaged merchandise with usps luckily what was inside was not damaged. I’ve had lots of family and friends show me damaged stuff from usps and I’ve been told from some who work with usps they know folks who just don’t give a rip and bam what you get is damaged goods.

This is why I do wish everyone would just go the extra miles and screw it give the higher shipping costs buyer selects UPS or FedEx.

my biggest fear with the postal service is these very threads showing damaged merchandise. Doesn’t matter Oakley or not I wish everyone would provide UPS or FedEx costs I myself would gladly pay. Food for thought after seeing this.

So many may possibly be quick to disagree with me. My answer to those that disagree is this. have you or someone you know had damaged packages from usps? Also, I bet those that have received damaged packages may possibly feel the same.

I’ve personally had lots of good luck with the Two services. I’ve been close to damaged merchandise with usps luckily what was inside was not damaged. I’ve had lots of family and friends show me damaged stuff from usps and I’ve been told from some who work with usps they know folks who just don’t give a rip and bam what you get is damaged goods.
When purchasing off these platforms, I think it has more to do with carelessness in packaging than the shipping company 90% of the time. Usps loosing packages is one thing, but there is no excuse for the seller packaging the items poorly.

When purchasing off these platforms, I think it has more to do with carelessness in packaging than the shipping company 90% of the time. Usps loosing packages is one thing, but there is no excuse for the seller packaging the items poorly.

If you’re that concerned, send a friendly message after purchase to please pack it safely so it doesn’t get damaged during transit. I normally also mention to ship in a box.

To a lot of people it’s just a pair of glasses they don’t need/want/wear and don’t value them as much as someone like you would.

If you’re that concerned, send a friendly message after purchase to please pack it safely so it doesn’t get damaged during transit. I normally also mention to ship in a box.

To a lot of people it’s just a pair of glasses they don’t need/want/wear and don’t value them as much as someone like you would.
"Friendly message"...

Dear seller,
Please package these rad sunglasses as if they were your testicles and you'll feel every bump in the process.

Also, if you fail and they get so much as jiggled wrong... ill find you and cut you so bad you'll wish I didn't cut you so bad.

Sincerely,
The buyer

"Friendly message"...

Dear seller,
Please package these rad sunglasses as if they were your testicles and you'll feel every bump in the process.

Also, if you fail and they get so much as jiggled wrong... ill find you and cut you so bad you'll wish I didn't cut you so bad.

Sincerely,
The buyer

Looks appropriate

Back