• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oil Rig Question

Peter Gilley

Oakley Beginner
I found a pair of white rigs with ghost text for 39.95 at a pawn shop they have light scratches... Very light, but I wonder if this is a good deal? Oh, it comes with a soft vault

I haven't bought them yet, probably won't.... I think they might be fake. Besides i found some Probations in excellent condition for $80.00.... I will have to research the oil rigs to make sure they are on the up and up. they seem to have the old style icon on the side and i am not sure if they ever made a white oil rig with ghost text with the original oil rig icon. also the stems are more solid than the current ones, none of the ridges on the backside... if anyone can help I might be able to scrounge up some more for them

Yes they did make White with Text in the Gen 1 Oil Rig. The arms are definitely more solid on the Gen 1 as well. I don't recall seeing fakes with Text, but then I don't really look for them either. Sounds real, but do your research and be sure. If they are real and the frame is good, pop in a new lens and your set.

Latest Posts

Back