• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OK, I Am Officially Convinced......

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
Ya, I usually pull one side out and then the center then the other side, I guess I need to do both sides first. THe oil rig, which is similar in size and design has never done this to me!
Yeah try that technique and see how that works. Getting the lens out should work with the technique I mentioned, getting it back in might need you to press on the center but very lightly.

I have found that letting frames / lenses / earsocks sit in warm water for a few minutes before install gives them just enough flexibility to help avoid the damage that happens when they are installed cold. It also helps to save certain finishes that are prone to chipping that installation or removal tends to exacerbate. I'm not suggesting to soak the lenses / parts in water overnight; just enough to heat them up a bit. After that, there might be something with your particular frame or lens kit that you should call CS about.

Interesting... I have changed my Batwolfs lenses dozens of times as well and never had this happen to me but I've seen it before. Sorry about your lenses man...

Several years ago I was in a Sunglass store and saw about 3 pairs of Team USA Radars where the iridium (+red if I remember correctly) was flaking in the middle of the lens. It appeared to be from changing the lenses. This can be a problem with the heavier iridium lenses. It is always a good idea to flex the lens as little as possible when making changes on iridiums.