• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ok so... guess I'm getting Clifden again, Custom this time

KarlBlessing

I should Work at Oakley
West Michigan
1621315914545.png

In a couple days, nothing too flashy. Wasn't thinking about it but then my wife seemed disappointed that I got rid of the previous pair I had (with the Shallow Water lens), saying she missed that sort of mad scientist look (I thought she didn't like them, she was just surprised).

These I went with rootbeer frames and gunmetal icons along with Prizm Snow Sapphire because I want something in preparation for the winter later this year for bright-ish but still usable with some clouds. Figure they'll pair up nicely next to my woodgrain Holbrook XL.

Picked it up today. Big fancy black gift box. But inside the standard small white custom bag. Seems odd that custom Clifdens get just a white microfiber bag and a big cardboard gift box, but the standard Clifden gets a microfiber bag AND one of those clamshell zipper cases like I got last time...

Customs don't get cases. At least none of mine ever has and I've got about two dozen customs

Like a hard zipper case?

Only a few come with a hard zipper, Radar, Sutro, jawbreaker , flight jacket, flak 2.0,

I think the others won’t

Customs don't get cases. At least none of mine ever has and I've got about two dozen customs

Like a hard zipper case?

Only a few come with a hard zipper, Radar, Sutro, jawbreaker , flight jacket, flak 2.0,

I think the others won’t, but I’m surprised the clifden doesn’t, usually if it comes with a hard case as a pre built it should in OCP.

Like a hard zipper case?

I think the others won’t, but I’m surprised the clifden doesn’t, usually if it comes with a hard case as a pre built it should in OCP.
Yea, it came with one in the standard, but I guess customs as he said don't get cases. Which is funny because the cases alone are easily $25 to $30, you end up paying more for the custom in the long run when you consider what you lost.

Yea, it came with one in the standard, but I guess customs as he said don't get cases. Which is funny because the cases alone are easily $25 to $30, you end up paying more for the custom in the long run when you consider what you lost.
Did you try contacting customer service and mentioning it? They might send you one, even if it normally isn’t included with custom pairs. Couldn’t hurt to ask.

Did you try contacting customer service and mentioning it? They might send you one, even if it normally isn’t included with custom pairs. Couldn’t hurt to ask.
Couldn't hurt to ask, flying out tomorrow though so if they ship it to the vault like they did this pair it may be a little while (but if they do it, they do it). Using my Flak 2.0XL's sport soft vault for it for now since I'm leaving the Flak at home.

Last edited:
Back