• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OK So Here Is My Latest Haul Of Oakley "stuff"

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
This is only my 2nd big haul but by far my best!

First thing is the single wide display case with light, shelves and polarized sheet for the shelf. Lens display, magazine rack, single and double glasses stands, display rack mirror, couple soft cases, A frame wisdom goggle straps, peal off lenses, half wire rubber/nose kit, 6 card displays, Authorized Oakley Dealer display, Oakley sticker and a bunch of advertising stuff with some what looks like post cards.

So my family has a cabin in Spooner and there is a store in Rice Lake that I used to stop at for shoes or clothes or just guy things and they used to sell Oakley's. I haven't been in there in over 10 years but I remember them having a few pair of x-metals when I was in there last but at that time I wasn't collecting. So I decided to stop to see if by chance they had anything left over, stored or just hidden away. So they tell me they no longer sell Oakleys due to the strict requirements since Oakley sold to a new owner and we visit for about 20 minutes and I tell the nice lady "Well I hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" and I head for the doors. She says "Well I do have one of those aluminum display cases". I stopped in my tracks and asked to look at and that is how it started. From there she said she had a box of old stuff in the basement, all I could think was "bob head" "bob head" "bob head", no luck but a lot of display items. She says $10 for all of it and I just about choked and then I made the mistake and offered $50. So another worker says we have some stuff up stairs too so we head up and start digging in cabinets and out comes the Polarized display and a few odds and ends. She says "Well if the box in the basement is worth $50 then this must be worth $25" I of course agree. Back to the case. She asked me the value of the case and says she has never researched it. I told her they try to sell for between $300 and $500 but it is a tough market due to the cost of shipping. She thinks for a few seconds and says "Will you give me $200 for it?" I agree and that is that. I ran to the ATM to get some cash and when I get back everything is packed up and ready to haul away. I get to my cabin and I can't stand it I have to go through everything more thoroughly and when I opened a goggle box I notices the Zero's 0.4, thanks qtrain, sitting in the box they are only missing the nose bridge. I also did not see or was told there was a mirror display so those two items were extra. $275.00 for everything. So thats my story.

The advertising stuff is pretty cool and I will post close up pictures of the stuff later. I am pretty tired and want to get to bed but I also wanted to share this with you all.

589D6262-C16C-4E9F-BA73-22FD342429E1_zpsdygtcfez.jpg

90B5E65E-53FF-4F31-B187-19D5DC6809AD_zpsdslnyqjp.jpg

9AC2742D-FD31-49B3-A901-A8403637BAAA_zps43rgaxjg.jpg

95D6C1A9-C4EB-45AA-9A77-98B317B097EF_zpsraxznklh.jpg

86C2F3AB-D3E4-4AAB-B2CF-060B4E769306_zpsteqkgrk2.jpg

E9075342-CF3A-451B-BE86-E08FA14DEB0F_zps1dpqjsd3.jpg

69D1223B-C233-4300-8C1B-7831E4EF8BCD_zpsjaoypbsl.jpg

Last edited:
Great pick up! You might want to play the lottery with that good luck, but in my opinion you already hit it!

Thanks guys I am still shocked I was able to get all this stuff for the price. And if I wouldn't have opened my mouth I could have got it for $50 cheaper. The case is in great shape and the light works it just has some tape on it that needs to be cleaned up. Can any ID these aluminum rods? I think they are the legs to the shelf that can go in the display case? They were inside the case under the drawers. I heard them sliding around when I was moving it. The ends screw out.

2CFAC4CD-EB8D-43DB-AEB2-056FE9CE910F_zpspisfmme4.jpg

Back