• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ok WTF

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
Just got these

Just noticed this.

Left lens top
hmpt.jpg

Right lens top. Notice anything?
nizi.jpg

What do you think?

Yeah. Gonna poo lens out tomorrow and see if its the lens. Kinda looks like part of the frame is malformed and not curved under.

From the photo at first I thought it was the lens....but now that you mention the frame I see it......strange.

It is likely a rubber strip that is in the orbital tray to make the lens have a tighter fit. Especially if those lenses are not OEM, that is likely what happened. The owner used it to help seat the lens, and then when he clamped the orbital it squeezed out a little, kinda like gaskets do when tightened too much.

If you feel it, and it feels like the frame, then it is, if it feels like rubber or plastic then its a fitting strip. Opticians use them all the time.

Damn thats's the same issue I'm having with those Revant spike lenses. It just doesn't want to get all the way into the groove.

The optical tray is 2mm wide. Alot of the aftermarket lenses are 2mm wide so make it a tight fit.

Mikey: Here is a pic of a LineGear lens, this is what your eye has to correct in order to see well. Just FYI, spend a little more and get a correct Oakley lens to fit your frame. I know you already spent money, but read some of the threads concerning aftermarket lenses and you will see what I mean.
s73w.jpg

HMMM. So you think these are aftermarket lenses? As you know I have been screeeeeeeewed before so I won't be surprised. Owner said they are all original (as they all do) I have a serial # % digit M024XXX

I guess thats better news thats its probably just a gasket that is easily fixed. Man I need to take all my glasses to an expert and have them look at all the lenses. I am second guessing all but one person.
I think that person knows who I am talking about

It is likely a rubber strip that is in the orbital tray to make the lens have a tighter fit. Especially if those lenses are not OEM, that is likely what happened. The owner used it to help seat the lens, and then when he clamped the orbital it squeezed out a little, kinda like gaskets do when tightened too much.

If you feel it, and it feels like the frame, then it is, if it feels like rubber or plastic then its a fitting strip. Opticians use them all the time.
And this is what we mean when we say you will find your answers here. All you have to do is ask. I have never taken my stuff apart soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;)

Back