• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ok WTF

yup, what hero said. definitely looks like a part sticking out rather than part of the frame. but my question would be....does oakley every do this to some frames? if yes, then i guess the lenses can still be oem...

ok according to the O review they did come like this factory. Maybe there is a exact serial database.
Gonna pull them tomoor and shoot some pictures

If OEM would you desecrate two pair of mars? Ie putting the red lens in the xmetal crater (which had black lenses) and then blue lenses in the xmetal mars? Or would you keep them all original for wearing? I just think the red lenses are the best and the crater with the little dots look a little better the the basic mars.
One thing is for sure I won't be flip flopping the lenses. Seem like thats a PITA

No Oakley would not do it. the previous owner may have done it or had someone do it for him. Factory lens can rattle sometimes.

Pictures of lenses in daylight sun to my back blocking direct sunlight. Got it will try to do it tomorrow. If I don't shoot myself due to all this stress with these glasses. But I am intertained lol

Blue in the x-metal for sure, pic to follow, and why not swap as much as you want to, Use small piano wire or something close to that size and wrap that around the nub instead of the "C" clamp. You can then do it as much as you want. Much better alternative. Here is the pic;

Last edited by a moderator:
What does it feel like, rubber or metal. If metal then the frame may be bent out a little, but it does not appear that way by enlarging the photo and reading the lines for the orbital or the lens. Looks like something sticking out of it rather than a part messed up.
beats the heck of me I can't see it that well remember? Ill yours a magnifier tomorrow

GN

damn man, you seem to be having the worse luck lately, what with all your bummer posts asking for info. hope this ruby mars is the legit kind....

We have no resident counselors here, but they are opening a 24 hours Obama care Call center to inform you how your medical coverage will work. Did I say inform, I meant tell you!!!

Back