• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Old Glory Holbrooks

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

These are a Doc Chop custom that I had him do a while back. The frame was a polished white holbrook. The lenses are authentic ruby iridium. I am trying to fund a friends bachelor party so I absolutely hate to let them go but hopefully they will go to a good home. They look awesome next to the Old Glory frogskins. I have a thread in the Frogskin Exchange selling a pair of those. Anyways the Holbrooks I am asking $400 shipped F&F CONUS. Comes with just the glasses and an american flag oakley bag. Make me an offer on them. Would be willing to do a deal for the frogs and holbrooks.
20150304_191222_zpsxdq7amdd.jpg
20150304_191234%201_zpspi1zlxyr.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
wow such a pricey Holbrook. glws

Too much? Honestly since they're custom I wasn't sure how to price em. If someone makes me a decent offer I can consider it. $400 was just a starting point. Willing to negotiate

Alright I gotta get some interest on these! Drop to asking $300 F&F and shipped

A good starting point for pricing a custom like this is how much would it cost to recreate... A used holbrook frame, plus lenses and a trip to dr. Chop would be the base elements to pricing it... You could also factor in the time element you waited to get it done, but for those with patience that isn't going to add a lot of value imho (and you should also factor in that it is a custom of your vision and tastes, which may not be to others tastes), hope my two cents helps a little...

His painted frames actually have sold for less than unpainted frames on ebay.

Username Hidden said:
A good starting point for pricing a custom like this is how much would it cost to recreate... A used holbrook frame, plus lenses and a trip to dr. Chop would be the base elements to pricing it... You could also factor in the time element you waited to get it done, but for those with patience that isn't going to add a lot of value imho (and you should also factor in that it is a custom of your vision and tastes, which may not be to others tastes), hope my two cents helps a little...
That's a fair analysis for a unique but certainly not rare frame...

I was quoted 60$+ship for a neon splatter/fade paint and I supplied the frame...

Assume this more custom paint is worth 100$... 120$ for the frame and lenses... 20$ shipping to the Doctor ...

Alright fair enough thanks for the input guys. How about I come down to $175 F&F and shipped to get some interest on these. If I still can't get anything I'll probably just have to throw them up on EBAY

Username Hidden said:
Alright fair enough thanks for the input guys. How about I come down to $175 F&F and shipped to get some interest on these. If I still can't get anything I'll probably just have to throw them up on EBAY
I think that is fair... Wish I liked holbrooks, but somebody from the forum should really pick them up... They are doc's work after all!

BUMP AND DROP TO $150!!! F&F and shipped!!!