• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Old Glory/Union Jack Frogskins

sQuijeW

Oakley Beginner
Just got a pair of Old glory Frogskins and a pair of Union Jack Frogskins to add to my wardrobe

They look great, but I want to be sure that I did not pick up a knock off for what i paid. Is there a way to tell if they are legit or not for these specific editions? From what I can tell they are pretty real, the way they feel on the face and to the touch.

Also, I noticed that the lens in the old glory is different than the lens in the union jack (from the pairs i have). The old glory lens is supposed to be Red iridium right? I took them out and they look more purplish where as the union jacks seem closer to the red iridiums that i am familiar with

any input is appreciated. I am glad i found this site!

edit: pics

union jack
image.jpeg

old glory
photo.jpg

I saw a pic of these shades with Blue iridium lenses and they look sick

Just got a pair of Old glory Frogskins and a pair of Union Jack Frogskins to add to my wardrobe

They look great, but I want to be sure that I did not pick up a knock off for what i paid. Is there a way to tell if they are legit or not for these specific editions? From what I can tell they are pretty real, the way they feel on the face and to the touch.

Also, I noticed that the lens in the old glory is different than the lens in the union jack (from the pairs i have). The old glory lens is supposed to be Red iridium right? I took them out and they look more purplish where as the union jacks seem closer to the red iridiums that i am familiar with

any input is appreciated. I am glad i found this site!

That is right, One has a +red iridium, another has the Ruby Iridium lens :)

Where did u buy them from~? If its from the vault, no way its fake hehe :)

Regarding lens color - sounds like you're o.k. Union Jacks come with Ruby Iridium while the Old Glorys come with Positive Red, which depending on the angle you view them, often look like a purple/blue...

duh - just noticed Mopiko said the same thing ...

Regarding lens color - sounds like you're o.k. Union Jacks come with Ruby Iridium while the Old Glorys come with Positive Red, which depending on the angle you view them, often look like a purple/blue...

duh - just noticed Mopiko said the same thing ...

+1 I was gonna say this last night but I forgot which lense was in which lol... To many frogs to remember haha

If anybody needs these I have extras, just letting you know. They are some great looking pairs, sQuijeW, congrats on getting them.

Back