• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Old Lenses Of Any Use?

Joekun

Oakley Beginner
I just replaced my old polarized ice iridium lenses with a new set because the coating (I believe) started peeling off on the inside. I'm wondering if there is any use for these lenses, or do you just toss them? I would assume once this starts to happen that you really can't fix them or use them anymore, but I just want to be sure.

I hoard them for no apparent reason, with no intention of ever using them again! Probably 7 or 8 pairs of Juliet lenses I should really just bin...

Is it just on one lens or both? I suggested a long time ago about people trading lenses. Say one is perfect and one is trash someone else may have same color but opposite. Maybe for 5 or ten bucks some one could have a useable set.

So that was a bad idea. You see, I went to look at the Juliet lenses "I should throw away" and most of them are eminently usable. If only I had another 5 or 6 frames, I could mount them...

Grey, Ice, VR28 BIP, Black, BIP all very usable (greys never mounted at all, bought 'em, didn't like 'em). Fire and gold x2 I could use at a pinch. Guess that's why I didn't chuck them in the first place...

Back