• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Old M frames with straight sides used for baseball??

They definitely existed as I had a pair. Sold them on the evil bay many years ago during 1 of my collection purges. I want to say they were the carbon fiber print with black strike lens. The stems were shaped like the subzero stems as opposed to the normal m frames of the time. I remember Cal Ripken Jr wore them and possibly Tony Gwynn as well.

Ive been trying to find them online all day. I know the originals only came out in 3 colors but thanks for correcting me on the lens lol oooops haha, i just was trying to show thr straight frame. The lenses are glued in and came to me like that. Still a cool pair. Just permanently altered.

Ive been trying to find them online all day. I know the originals only came out in 3 colors but thanks for correcting me on the lens lol oooops haha, i just was trying to show thr straight frame. The lenses are glued in and came to me like that. Still a cool pair. Just permanently altered.

O-review.com

They used to give us Black M Frame Gen 1 kits every year at the beginning of baseball season. You'd get the frame, two extra arms, and three different lenses in a big zipper case. Being a pitcher I didn't wear them on the field, I stuck with my personal pair (Crystal Black/Blue Iridium) that I bought a week before I found out they were giving us a set. Wish I had kept them in new condition.

The Oakley rep would get annoyed with me for asking if I could instead get or trade for some Eye Jackets.

I've seen 3 of these on ebay over the past year. Two look like this (sold for $60 and stayed on there forever, not kidding) and one was crystal black that had a crack in it. The guy that bought all 3 is on this forum. I tried to get him to sell me one, but he wouldn't let one go. womp womp.

B6sEf7OIcAAVcxi.png

I have a pair like this with a great gold iridium heater lens, only thing is...the guy that sold them to me glued them in. So they are in good shape and rare, but this bonehead glued em. Was gonna throw em on ebay. Come with orignal box and everything, they just can never be interchanged, and they came with a strike lens originally, which isnt on the box. 2018-06-18_02-04-06

Back