• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Old School Cool.........

Way cool! I remember those custom cases from way back when. I remember chatting with the guy who fabricated them in 2005 or 2006 on the O Review. He said he custom made them own to challenge his design and fabrication abilities and was inspired by a kid from Quebec that custom fabricated a mega tower as a school project in another thread.

I remember telling him I thought his 1-2-2-1 rivet pattern on the side was interesting and very different than Oakley's design standard. He said he deviated from Oakley's pattern because it lent itself to better symmetry with the riveting of the door hinges. He eventually said he'd want to improve the design of the logo since he wasn't happy how it turned out but I don't think it ever materialized.

Great memories from one of the best eras of Oakley collecting.

Got to add my 2 pence looks like a counter top thump case made with the stretch case metal but that white logo looks like it was put on later but enjoy it it's still cool

Back