• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Old vs. New Oakley X-Metals

Arron1980

Oakley Enthusiast
England
The old and the new.

uploadfromtaptalk1424804899903.JPG

Old old old old old old. And ALWAYS will be. Sorry but even if the company hits some home runs going forward it won't be the same; you can't improve upon perfection. Just leaving aside the fact that the Badman/Madman are more like the O-Luminum line and overpriced by at least $200 and shouldn't really be part of the X-Metal lineage- the fact is most of us will always stand by the fact that if none of the other X-Metals are the greatest pieces of eyewear ever made, the Juliet most certainly IS and the line as a whole- and certainly the Romeo 1, Juliet and X-Squared trio- are some of the most inventive and cutting edge wearable products ever.

I owned a number of XX over the years....I just never warmed to the design for some reason...don't know why. Which is odd, I like the larger lens profile. It would be hard for me to pick just one model if I was going to a desert island and could only take one...but if I had to...it would be a Juliet. For my face and everyday use I find it the most versatile. Does anyone remember a period a year or so or more when there was a group on the forum who asserted the XS didn't look good on ANY face? I never got that- I thought it fit and looked great on many faces including mine.

Back