• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Olympic Frogskins

I don't know if any of the "sources" can be credible, I heard directly from a manager who was told at the yearly manager gathering so I don't know how they could be wrong.

i always say, wait til the official word is out, if not, take all info with a pinch of salt. we all been thru the Goldbrooks saga haven't we. =)

jonoyong said:
i always say, wait til the official word is out, if not, take all info with a pinch of salt. we all been thru the Goldbrooks saga haven't we. =)

Amen. Exactly what im trying to say! Everyone is getting worked up about it and the Olympics haven't even started! I get that people are anxious but seeing "Any new news on those Olympic frogs yet?" gets real old real fast. The manager Batwolf knows must be pretty open because HQ doesn't seem to know about these yet..

Definitely agree with Jono, this is already starting to sound a lot like the gold brooks. Just wait it out and hopefully one day the official word will come. Until then, there is nothing you can do except wait.

If remember correctly, there is no FS in the list for the Olympic, but other sunglasses will be included. Not just Olympic but Paralympic as well.

zulfaizuddin said:
If remember correctly, there is no FS in the list for the Olympic, but other sunglasses will be included. Not just Olympic but Paralympic as well.

Jono has one though...the stories sound really strange from what everyone keeps rumoring about it.

Ive seen the Old Glory pair. Its well done. And the US will have three stores getting them: SoHo, Orlando, Market Street.
Sooooo, I need to become BFF with an employee at the Market St O Store then? I live an hour drive from this O Store, so I'm worried some local will beat me to it. :sad:

this is coming straight from an employee, who today asked my SM. Nothing has been discussed nor brought to our attention. And i'm not trying to chalk up my store, but my SM is known very well in the company as each retail newsletter typically features her. I do know a lot of new glasses/watches that are coming though.

this is coming straight from an employee, who today asked my SM. Nothing has been discussed nor brought to our attention. And i'm not trying to chalk up my store, but my SM is known very well in the company as each retail newsletter typically features her. I do know a lot of new glasses/watches that are coming though.
You are only reinforcing my concern regarding my lack of "connections" in the San Francisco O Store. :/

I am so accustomed to purchasing through local O dealers as opposed to the actual O Store, but because of this I always miss out on the good stuff. When I say good stuff, I mean actual limited collections, not Oakley's website categorization of Limited Edition. :)

Im trying to start out by proving myself to everyone, with what I've been posting, and exclusives, but there are NO plans to bring these to the US. Take my word as you may, but I'm just passing along the news.

Back