• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

On a scale of 1:13 how lucky was this?

asaggynoodle

Oakley Beginner
Tagged along with my dad and brother in law to a shop out in the middle of nowhere. Of course, seeing the Oakley case in the back corner, I had to take a peak..
Sure enough on the very bottom of the case in the back corner was a 3 level display with older X-Metal's, and on the bottom shelf was a brand new Romeo 2.0 in Carbon.

Didn't have a price tag on it, and the woman told me she doesn't recall how much it was, but it was expensive... Gave me a price I couldn't refuse.
Steal.jpg

Ummm. Lucky! But did you ask if the case was for sale and if they had anymore? If not I can do it for you...
Had she given me that price for an entire display's worth, I'd have taken it all haha. They had a couple Half-X, which had the original price tags on them ($~350), but really it was just this Romeo that was anything pre 2008.
Would have loved to see a 24k variant for that price.

Any boxes?
None that I saw, and I immediately wanted to clear out of there in case she started scanning SKU's on the other X-Metals to see how much the MSRP was. I might venture back next week and take a deeper look (Lots of stuff stacked in the corner of the case). The worker there just handed me the case key and told me to bring it back when I was done.

Tagged along with my dad and brother in law to a shop out in the middle of nowhere. Of course, seeing the Oakley case in the back corner, I had to take a peak..
Sure enough on the very bottom of the case in the back corner was a 3 level display with older X-Metal's, and on the bottom shelf was a brand new Romeo 2.0 in Carbon.

Didn't have a price tag on it, and the woman told me she doesn't recall how much it was, but it was expensive... Gave me a price I couldn't refuse.
View attachment 741184
Crazy pickup and amazing story 🙂

Back