• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

On To The Xx, Opinions?

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
D

dragonvoi

I know there are shiny, flashy, simple and stealth fans out there who all like some form of xmetal... I personally like nice frames with signs of wear but not abuse. I am also a fan of the bone like finish on early plasma and ti frames. I had a nice xx24k project pair that @atty_65 hooked me up with where the 24k was worn thin. I polished most of it off, but decided to retain the creamy first gen plasma orbitals. Stuck some emerald lenses in there to see what they would look like and am seeing if i can get some feedback. Not quite as exciting as anodized Juliet's on eBay with polished off blood, but, your input is appreciated.

Pics coming in...

8yqududa.jpg

e2eva6eb.jpg

9e9uneqe.jpg

yta3yqa6.jpg

I know there are shiny, flashy, simple and stealth fans out there who all like some form of xmetal... I personally like nice frames with signs of wear but not abuse. I am also a fan of the bone like finish on early plasma and ti frames. I had a nice xx24k project pair that @atty_65 hooked me up with where the 24k was worn thin. I polished most of it off, but decided to retain the creamy first gen plasma orbitals. Stuck some emerald lenses in there to see what they would look like and am seeing if i can get some feedback. Not quite as exciting as anodized Juliet's on eBay with polished off blood, but, your input is appreciated.

Pics coming in...

No - not quite as exciting but they look nice, man... :wink:

What did you use to polish them?

Just some green rouge, a felt wheel and a dremel. Didnt really go all in quite yet, wanted to see how it would look with the plasma.

Last edited by a moderator:
You tagged me to get my opinion?

Better than a fully polished pair, which I'm not a fan of. They're different. Kind of like a sterling silver version of the 24k.