• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

One legged Frog

Darth Maul

Oakley Beginner
Annoying as hell day... woke up late then proceeded to dump my coffee all over my shirt, realized when I got to the office my shoes had waters spots all over the leather thanks to the coffee and the best has yet to come. Things became normal again and was able to save my shoes (keep leather shoe cleaning kit at my desk as this has happened before), do a little after lunch online shopping and got a ton of work out of the way. Things we're looking up until DC's mighty fine Red Line had a train unloaded at Metro Center (this means it's like a mosh pit on station platforms) just before I got there and somewhere in the throngs of people bumping into me and vice versa, my frogs right leg fell off =(. Knowing the pain and hit to the pocket replacing this will be, I had my friend who works for Metro contact all station managers in the one in a billion chance someone didn't think it was trash but to no avail.

I know this has been asked in the past, but does anyone nowadays know of how I might go about getting just the right earstem in matte black or am I SOL and just have to go through Oakley to get a whole new frame? (Already started the service request as to not waste time). HELP!

I love my froggies and as I've said before, wear them as an individual around DC everyday against the will of the thousands of Wayfarers. (I kid you not, I have yet to see another person wearing frogs around the K street corridor of DC in my four years working here).

(Hell, I have only seen a few people wearing Oakleys of any type)

20160728_134344.jpg

Keep an eye on ebay. Or contact HQ and see if they can help you. Who knows they may just send you one as a customer service. Worth an email or two

Keep an eye on ebay. Or contact HQ and see if they can help you. Who knows they may just send you one as a customer service. Worth an email or two

Assuming you meant actually HQ (as I've already initiated a service request), that's actually a great idea. Maybe throw in a picture of all the Oakley stuff I have while I'm at it ;). Not sure why I didn't think of that lol. Thank you!

I think is a right earstem on ebay. If i am not mistake he is a member here. It is an IH camo earstem.

Thanks for assisting and yeah I got really excited when I saw it only to then realize it was camo. Contemplated getting it and painting it but I'd probably just end up wasting 20 bucks as I'd imagine simply spraying it with matte black spray paint is not ideal

Heard back from Oakley warranty department and they'll send me a new frame for $40 so not as bad as I thought. I think ima just bite the bullet and pay up. On the bright side I'll have an extra left leg =). Sincerely appreciate everyone's help and advice in this trying time ;)

For your further entertainment... went out to a coworkers going away party in the city last night, leaving my car in a garage near my building I decided to try out. Website said 2am. It turns out that was for a garage on the other side and I parked in one that closed at 9pm. Wouldnt have been a big deal but being Colonial Parking, majority of them aren't open on weekends around Metro Center and guess what... this garage is one of those. To make things more annoying, Monday kicks of Metro's Safetrack on the part of the red line I take so I'll have to either uber in at $35 bucks or figure out a way to get to the other side of the red line. Oh and I was supposed to head down to the beach with family tonight so there's also that lol.... at least the weeks over =). HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE

Last edited:
Heard back from Oakley warranty department and they'll send me a new frame for $40 so not as bad as I thought. I think ima just bite the bullet and pay up. On the bright side I'll have an extra left leg =). Sincerely appreciate everyone's help and advice in this trying time ;)
That's better than I thought you would get. Congrats.

Back