• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found ONE MORE ROUND! X-Metals - Show me what you have!

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

I ran threads like this in the past, and found it very helpful; I hope this thread is equally successful.

I already have three of every X-Metal model, Penny, Juliet, XX, Romeo, Romeo 2, XS, Half-X, and Mars. But I'm contemplating buying a "fourth of each." I would buy one pair, or several pairs, depending on what you have. I'm open to different conditions, but will pay much less for pairs that need work. Let's face it... work and parts cost money $$$!

If you have an X-Metal you'd like to sell, and don't feel like going through the hassle of listing it on eBay or this forum's exchange section, message me on here on the OF with pics and prices. Also, if you could be very specific about the condition, including:

1) Condition of the finish on the frame, temples, and nose bridge
2) Condition (and make of) of the flex couplers and pins (does it need a tune up or not?)
3) Condition (and make of) of the ear socks, nose pads, T-Shocks, orbital gaskets, screws, and hinge washers
4) Condition (and make of) of the lenses

Already having such a variety of fine X-Metals, I may not be interested in yours because of the price, condition, or configuration, but I mean no disrespect... just letting you know in advance.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from you with some nice X-Metals.

This means "Still Looking For"
This means "Found"

R1 Out for Work
Mars or Crater

R2
(would prefer Plasma needing no work, or a pair that I could send to @Bonz-1, @zwc0442, or @THE X-MAN for customizing/rebuilding)
Penny
XX Out for Work
XS
Juliet
Being Customized Now

Half-X
(would prefer a Carbon needing no work)

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
You may be right @pjd1234 - I sent him a few messages about various pairs.

Always looking for a nice X-Metal... one more of each original 8 models.

Special thanks to @Wicked and @Beardo0628 for hookin' me up with solid X-Metals! The quest is far from over; let me know if you have any of the pairs I'm still looking for... see the list here!

Still looking for a R1, R2, Half-X, Mars or Crater, and a XX.

Down to my last 2 pairs... looking for a nice R2 and Half-X!

For R2, I'd prefer a plasma needing no work but I can change lenses. I am also okay with an R2 that needs everything, including refinishing, tune, parts, lenses, etc... but no damage! Something like that will command a much lower selling price.

For Half-X, I'd prefer a Carbon needing no work and mint lenses.

Last edited:
Still looking for...

For R2, I'd prefer a plasma needing no work but I can change lenses. I am also okay with an R2 that needs everything, including refinishing, tune, parts, lenses, etc... but no damage! Something like that will command a much lower selling price.

For Half-X, I'd prefer a Carbon needing no work and mint lenses.

This guy likes bonz and zach

Username Hidden said:
This guy likes bonz and zach

Fixed.

:idk: I have some of your work too... very nice stuff. I should've mentioned you as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.