• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

One Pair Per Model Rule. Any Followers?

The problem with the one-pair-one-model rule is that you are forced to choose a point in time when you pick your favourite colorway from the available selection at that time.

Then Oakley release a Ducati version or an artist version that looks way better than yours. What then? Sell your original pair?
Doesn't work for me I'm afraid.
Seven Hijinx and counting . . . .

Luckily I haven't run into any situations where there was a colorway or SE released that I truly felt the need to have after I already bought a pair. If that were to ever happen, I probably would sell my old pair.

Due to the fact that my money is kind of limited, I´m a follower of the one-pair-per-model rule. I´m not into Frogs, Jupiters, Holbrooks as well. And I´m a wearer, not a displayer. But its hard to resist, when cool colourways are coming lately. For example, I got the Taca Fuels early and really, really like the Infinite Hero ones... A personal rule of mine is the focus on lenses. Here the descision goes for looks/view (from the inside and the outside) mainly. Oakley makes so many cool lenses, so its a very tough thing...For example, I had to buy a Radar Antifreeze because of jade iridium. Next on my list is the VR 28 gold iridium polarized - anyone experienced with those ?

i cant do the "one pair, one model" because when i find a frame that suits me i like to have it in different colors (Quote from The Game)

same here. it's just too hard to resist! =)

Same here i have 6 pair's of Monster Dog's, 2 five square's, Hijinx, Splice, Custom Jawbone's worn all the time, Pit Boss. If i find a style i like i'll buy them. In different varients too, thats the beauty of Oakley. Radars i'd wear for cycling only when i get them (BET I DON'T THOUGH), I did get a pair of Jupiter Chip Foose but then didn't suit me & i couldn't return them so my son got them given to him. I would never buy a pair if I wasn't going to wear them. I don't see the point. I don't like the Holbrooks or Frogskins so i would never buy a pair no matter how rare. Like i said previous this is the BEAUTY OF OAKLEY..................

Back