• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

One Pair-What's Next?

Wally Taylor

I should Work at Oakley
Erie
I bought my FROGSKIN Woodgrains with the PRIZM Daily. In my opinion, it was a heck of a start. Every time I take my dog up the road, I just HAVE to break out the Frogs. The comfort and the lenses are just irresistable. I have H2O Deeps on my Flak Jacket XLJ's. I like the H2O lenses better because I have severe light sensitivity in my right eye after an accident, but I still reach for my Frogs even ob the brightest days. I AM HOOKED.
So, I need the opinions of some Frogskin experts. Which pair of Frogskins do You reach for every time. I'm out to buy Frogskins that become old friends quickly, and You guys know which ones they are.
Also, please keep in mind that I'm 59 years old, so anything really funky will more than likely make me look kind of douschey.

Wally, if you're comfortable wearing Frogs, then YOU choose which colourway you like: there is a whole gammut at your disposal. It is only colour after all......

Frank, I have the Flak XLJ's. I really like them, but I'm liking my Woodgrain Frogs too. I have an old pair of Ray Ban Woody Wayfarers, and the Frogskins blow them out of the water for coverage. I never wear the Ray Bans anyway. I got them at an estate sale for five bucks. I didn't even know that people were looking for them. Love the Frogs. I love my Flaks more too now that I got the H2O Deep PRIZMS installed.

I'm really hoping that they come out with a Blue frae with H2O Deep PRIZMS. I've been contacting Oakley, and all that I've gotten from them is that they're considering Deep Water PRIZM Polarized lenses for Frogskin. Whatever they come in, I'm going to put them in my Woodgrains.

Frank, I have the Flak XLJ's. I really like them, but I'm liking my Woodgrain Frogs too. I have an old pair of Ray Ban Woody Wayfarers, and the Frogskins blow them out of the water for coverage. I never wear the Ray Bans anyway. I got them at an estate sale for five bucks. I didn't even know that people were looking for them. Love the Frogs. I love my Flaks more too now that I got the H2O Deep PRIZMS installed.
Ok

Wally. Collect them all like I'm trying to.. it's a loosing battle but you'll never be bored.

I still think it's funny how much you post about this pair. I can't wait to see what you'll do when you hit on a pair your REALLY excited for. Lol

I'm really hoping that they come out with a Blue frae with H2O Deep PRIZMS. I've been contacting Oakley, and all that I've gotten from them is that they're considering Deep Water PRIZM Polarized lenses for Frogskin. Whatever they come in, I'm going to put them in my Woodgrains.

Itll be great when the drop next month.

I REALLY hope that they make them for Frogskins. I contacted Chris about cutting out a pair if they don't, and he will attempt it. But the Donor Base Curve is a 7 and Frogskins are a 6. I see that they are inset over a MM from the edge, so I think it could be done with the outside cuts beveled instead of crowned to the edge-center of the lens. I think it can be done, and Chris is the guy to make it happen.
I don't know why Oakley wouldn't just make them up for a huge seller like Frogskins. I've been wearing Deep Waters for two days, and I want them in every pair of shades that I own. The picture that they present is fantastic, and bright sun is no problem. They are the perfect lens for me, and I need good DARK lenses. Deep Waters do it all, and they do it right. I went out on the breakwater and saw a few big Brown Trout, and they looked to be about ten feet down. I took my glasses, but left my fishin' gear at home. That won't happen again! You can see what You're fishin' for in clear water.

Back