• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Only TWO Oaks.

My long term experience with pairs is limited. I like the Jawbones for everyday but they just don't cut it for cycling for me, yet I wouldn't want to rule out indulging in a baller pair....so I'm gonna go out on a limb:

Radarlock bc cycling
PB II Asian Fit because out of all premium pairs it might work out functionally.

I am taking a XX (not sure between TiO2 or 24k) and probably a split jacket for versatility and comfort. I have a fire, ice, black and g40 lenses so they can fit many possibilities. If I didn't care so much for comfort I would take a pit boss 1.

Someone told a story on here (i think) about how they took a pair of metals with them through a metal detector. He forgot to take them off his head and security flagged them and made him put them in the little tray for coins, wallet, watch, phone, etc. He had asked if he could put them in the protective microbag first, but TSA refused and gave him a hard time about it. I forget exactly how the story goes but the end result was a pair of Juliets(?) with some scratched lenses and a complaint to TSA with a response of basically, "prove we scratched them, otherwise F off".

Since i read that, i fear for the safety of my glasses given the level of competence TSA has. I only bring one pair and always bring my X Metal soft vault and put whatever pair i happened to bring with me in them and the whole thing in my backpack when i go through security.

It's usually either Flak Jackets or Fives 3.0 - My two beater pairs.

Back