• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO BIP or VR28 BIP

Which is your favorite between these two lenses?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Dark Gnat

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Had a lot of conversations about these two lenses lately. Just looking to find out which people prefer/use more.

Please cast your vote!

Last edited:
Had a lot of conversations about these two lenses lately. Just looking to find out which people prefer/use more.

I use both about the same amount of time. OO has a bit more of a natural tint with just a bit of warm contrast while VR28 has more contrast and alters colors more (browish tint) VR28 is better with snow and in overcast conditions, but I generally prefer OO as a daily lens.

They’re both great lenses. @NoFair hit it on the head though. I chose OO BIP for my prescription pair for versatility. Before all of these Prizm lenses, VR28 BIP was pretty much standard on my pairs

They are both great lenses and at the top of my personal favorites list. OObip seems to be a bit rarer combo in most frames so more people have experienced vr28bip than OObip.

If I could choose only one I would pick OO bip.

VR28BIP! it’s darker (9%?) and has thicker iridium. While 00 is harder to find and possibly considered a unicorn (hahahahahahaahah yea right!) I prefer VR.

VR28 BIP is my all time favorite, but OO is definitely top 5. I just prefer the extra contrast of the VR28, but like others have said, both are excellent lenses for daily wear!

VR28BIP! it’s darker (9%?) and has thicker iridium. While 00 is harder to find and possibly considered a unicorn (hahahahahahaahah yea right!) I prefer VR.

Afaik they are 10 and 11% so they feel about as dark. VR28 BIP (and the unicorn VR28 Gold iridium polarized) are better with large white bright surfaces, but OO BIP gives a truer color perception. Imho OO lenses were more or less the stage before general use Prizms.

Afaik they are 10 and 11% so they feel about as dark. VR28 BIP (and the unicorn VR28 Gold iridium polarized) are better with large white bright surfaces, but OO BIP gives a truer color perception. Imho OO lenses were more or less the stage before general use Prizms.

Oh man I was passed some bum scoop.

Agreed about the OO giving a truer color perception. I’m so jealous of your VR28 Gold polars... True unicorns!!

Sounds like if you are into contrast lenses - BIP vr28 -- those are up there with maritime in my opinion.

Back