• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Black Iridium Polarized

trava

Oakley Beginner
Hello guys
I am new member to this forum, but old Oakley fan :)

I need your advice
I am thinking of purchasing eyepatch 2 with OO Black Iridium Polarized lenses

I just can not figure out if these lenses with enhanced contrast, would be as effective as black iridium polarized lenses (I mean on the water, with lots of glare)

If somebody of you had these glasses, please tell me if enhanced contrast has any disadvantages in really bright light environments

thanks

I have got the pair you are talking about, and to be honest the 'enhanced contrast' effect of that particular lens is not that massive.
They are not as dark to look thru as Black Iridium Polarised, but they certainly don't lighten up a dull day like some other contrast lenses do.

You could try buying them from a shop with a good returns policy. Then try them out and if they are not suitable return them to swap for another pair?

I have got the pair you are talking about, and to be honest the 'enhanced contrast' effect of that particular lens is not that massive.
They are not as dark to look thru as Black Iridium Polarised, but they certainly don't lighten up a dull day like some other contrast lenses do.

You could try buying them from a shop with a good returns policy. Then try them out and if they are not suitable return them to swap for another pair?

thanks for you reply :)
the problem is that I live outside of US, and here is not any shop that sells Oakleys (that sucks)
the only way for me to purchase them, is by help of my friend. Who would send it to my by international post.

So return would be a big hassle in this case

So I might purchase something else, with black iridium polarized

reason I chose eyepatch is that it is quite large frame, for example gascans looked like child's glasses on me :cool:

I really like dispatch, but it does not come with black iridium polarized lenses

Some large frames like the Monster Dog, Ten, and the Hijinx come with 'angling specific' lenses, which you might want to consider if you are going to be using them out on the water.

They are refered to as 'Shallow Blue Polarised' and 'Deep Blue Polarised'.

Might be worth considering.

Some large frames like the Monster Dog, Ten, and the Hijinx come with 'angling specific' lenses, which you might want to consider if you are going to be using them out on the water.

They are refered to as 'Shallow Blue Polarised' and 'Deep Blue Polarised'.

Might be worth considering.
Yes I know about them, but I think they could be best if you are fishing from river bank, it's got 20% light transmission, so in the sea it might not be very helpful

I was looking for darkest polarized lenses,

so anyway thanks for your input, you helped me a lot
I think I will go with customized hijinx

i had my exact same glasses you were talking about. got stolen from my car last week :( but they were the best lenses i've had as far as contrast and clarity... you won't regret them

Back