• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OO Black Iridium Polarized

I just got a pair of OO BIP glasses (split jackets from the vault). They are a great lense! After my first day of wearing them I like them slightly better than my regular BIP lenses. I would say they have more of a pink base color. Like Herbs said they don't brighten up a dull day but they do provide similar comfort as BIP on bright sunny days (my eyes do not feel any more fatigued after wearing OO BIP vs. BIP). Another option may be VR28 BIP as well. It behaves similar to OO BIP but with more contrast IMO. One benefit to wearing polarized glasses that boost contrast on the water is it seems easier to see "through the water" (not sure if you will be fishing in these). Either one is a great lense in my opinion, however I give an edge to OO BIP for everyday wear and a definite edge to OO BIP for water activities.

I have the OO Black Iridium Polarized in my Flak Jackets. I use them for fishing, golfing, and everyday use on very bright days. I use my Shallow Blue Iridium Polarized for the same functions on partly cloudy type of days. I like that it does not make it as dark as Black Polarized, but it still does not seem like too light of a lens. There is only a 1% difference in light emission between the two.

Back